Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #1  

dmay

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 JD2320
I've been comparing a Kubota B2320 to a John Deere 2320. I felt this was a fair model match up. Here are some of the key differences I found:

Kubota B2320

- LA304 loader has a pinned non quick connect coupler
- 48in bucket size is mandatory which does not exceed tread width (~50in)
- front snowblower size (50/51in) does not adequately exceed tread width
- PTO is not independent
- clutch
- heel/toe FWD/REV pedals

John Deere 2320

- 200CX loader has JD hook & pin quick connect coupler
- bucket sizes available are: Less bucket/48/53/60in + Frontier
- front snowblower sizes available are: 47/54in
- PTO is independent
- side-by-side FWD/REV pedals

The Kubota bucket and snowblowers seem to be poorly matched. The John Deere 48 bucket and 47 snowblower seem also a poor match. However the JD2320 with 53in bucket and 54in snowblower seems a perfect match. The PTO difference I feel is minor. The pedals are a personal preference. I really think Kubota misses simply on the lack of coupler and bucket/blower sizes.

What do you think?

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #2  
The difference is negligible. I don't like either one as well as other options that are available. The Bobcat CT235 or Kioti CK35 equivalent (or less HP CT227, CK27, CK30) are way more tractor for about the same money, maybe even less. If you aren't looking for a mower, then these are better machines. You can get a front mount blower for these as well. I think BC is now offering a cab on the CT235 also.

I looked hard at a JD 2720 to replace my CK25 and my JD 425. No way. The 2720 is just not as much tractor as my CK25 when you want a ground engager. And it's not as manueverable as my 425 for mowing.

I also like the TYM, Mahindra, and MF over those series machines. The B3030 in a cab with a snowblower is a very nice setup though, as is the JD3720 with cab.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #3  
The difference is negligible. I don't like either one as well as other options that are available. The Bobcat CT235 or Kioti CK35 equivalent (or less HP CT227, CK27, CK30) are way more tractor for about the same money, maybe even less. If you aren't looking for a mower, then these are better machines. You can get a front mount blower for these as well. I think BC is now offering a cab on the CT235 also.

I looked hard at a JD 2720 to replace my CK25 and my JD 425. No way. The 2720 is just not as much tractor as my CK25 when you want a ground engager. And it's not as manueverable as my 425 for mowing.

I also like the TYM, Mahindra, and MF over those series machines. The B3030 in a cab with a snowblower is a very nice setup though, as is the JD3720 with cab.

I really find it funny when I get ridulculed for being on the Kubota and kioti site helping people.

I didn't see any mention of the brands you have mentioned.

I know it wasn't you!

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #4  
I have know idea what you are trying to say, Art.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #5  
The good part of the Kubota is the whole loader is removeable!!!! It makes it much easier to service the tractors when needed with removing the arms and other then to make the loader a price point(these are the loaders that should be free with purchase of a new tractor) you will need to remove the loader frame from time to time so why just the bucket! The quick disconnect weight just lowers the total load that you can haul! There are larger buckets available for the kubota but they do handle the standard ones loaded very well.

The Kubota three range transmission is a plus for power under all conditions!

We do have people that are negotiating curves with the Kubota blowers and not having issues with them not cutting wide enough although they do have enough power to handle a full blower and then some. We have added the side extension kit to the blower which adds five inches to them although the kit is for the HD 51" and 63" blowers. The kit number is B2786 and sells for 109. and will need to drill a couple of holes.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #6  
The good part of the Kubota is the whole loader is removeable!!!!

Same is true of the Kiotis. Can't speak for BC or Deere.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320
The good part of the Kubota is the whole loader is removeable!!!!.

Same for the JD 200CX. But I still feel it is easier to drop a bucket then drop a loader + the ability to change from bucket to forks to whatever you have is important to me.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #9  
The Kubota does address some of the OP's concerns, though admittedly in a round about way. You can put a Kubota QA from the B3200 on the B2320 loader which then enables you to add both forks, and a 60" light materials bucket. Probably you can also use the Kubota 63" front mount blower, but I wouldn't swear to that. The 3 speed hydro is nice, and I think quieter than the JD so don't write off that possibility too quickly. The JD does have position control which is much nicer if you plan on using the 3pt for grading, middlebusting, or rotary cutter work. The last I knew the tire sizes on the JD2320 were not common, and chains are hard to find for them if you can. I think the tractors themselves are very similar. For lawn mowing, and three point grading I would choose the JD since I also think they are easier on the grass (different front steering design) You pay your money, and take your pick I guess..... :D

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #10  
I can vouch that the QA and 60 inch bucket and forks have added quite a bit of versatility to my B2620 so I think they would work well on the B2320 also although the loader isn't quite as strong. You probably do need loaded tires as well as three point weight with that setup though. Definitely would add to the price too.