Purchased New Kubota ZD326P-Year of Manufacture Questions/Issue

/ Purchased New Kubota ZD326P-Year of Manufacture Questions/Issue #1  

Southernav8r

Tractor
Kubota ZD326P
I bought a Kubota ZD 326P today--nice mower. I shopped around and was expecting a 2010 model. Sales place had a few on the floor and apparently some in warehouse. No dates on any of the tractor/mower equipment (is this normal for tractor dealers?), and no year on any of sales paperwork, only make and model.

As unit was loaded I asked if it was a 2010, and the salesmen, who was helpful during the afternoon, stated it was probably a lat 2009 built for the 2010 year. I was surprised driving home to see a Jan 09 build and then a Nov 08 engine serial number. I'm trying to determine if there are any changes from 08 to 10 engine as well as 09 to 10 frame/mower.

This frustrates me as I didn't pay Jun 10 pricing on something i could have bought last summer for less (17 month old tractor). I know the engine time is the big deal and this is a .6 hour new unit, but I'm ready to call in the morning and return for a 2010 model as I feel I was mislead. I would assume as soon as I start using it I'll take a larger depreciation hit from a 2010, or am I way off with the mower/tractor issue?

Looking for inputs on this purchase. Thanks

/ Purchased New Kubota ZD326P-Year of Manufacture Questions/Issue #2  
Tractors and mowers go more for the model then they do for the year they are sold. There should have been a small price difference between a 10 and an 09 which yours would be considered do to the build date.

There were no changes during the build of this model.

Engines are built in different plants normally and there is shipping time involved.

/ Purchased New Kubota ZD326P-Year of Manufacture Questions/Issue
Thanks for the insight on the tractor sales process.