Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #1  

rutwad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5465, Kubota M5040, Farmall H (2), Minneapolis Moline R, Case 530CK, Cat 416C
Well we were just about to buy a Kubota M5040, cab, 4wd, & Hydraulic Shuttle. But in my search to find this tractor I ran across a John Deere 5325, cab, 4wd, pwr reverser. It has less than 100 hrs and looks just like new. With a similiar price, what would you do? Looking to use with a 7' finish mower mostly, but other tasks will arise I am certain. Neither has FEL. Any comparison in ride quality? Any issues with either? Fuel consumption similiar? Quietness equal inside cab? anything you can offer is appreciated.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #2  
I was just pricing out loaders for a similar Deere. The Deere loader was $6900, and the Woods aftermarket was $5200. It will be more if you don't have a joystick with the hydraulic outputs. I would bet the Kubota would be cheaper to put a loader on.

You generally get a better value buying used equipment, especially if it is priced a bit below market. That Deere still has thousands of good hours left in it.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this
Sorry if I misled. Not looking to put a FEL on either.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #4  
My mind can't even conceive of a tractor sans FEL.

I would check them both out and see which one "fits", that will be the right one as they are both good tractors.

Happy 4th.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #5  
See how they fit you, listen to the engine for loudness as well as smoothness. If you are doing lawn work what tires are on them? You don't need ag tires do you?

With a finish mower it says that you will be mowing so tires are critical and anything over 40 horsepower will run the 7 foot mower.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #6  
With a finish mower it says that you will be mowing so tires are critical and anything over 40 horsepower will run the 7 foot mower.

I agree. Why use a heavier 50+hp tractor to pull a mower that even a 35 hp tractor could pull. Kubota L3940 would be a perfect match if you are only mowing.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #7  
I agree. Why use a heavier 50+hp tractor to pull a mower that even a 35 hp tractor could pull. Kubota L3940 would be a perfect match if you are only mowing.

I run a 7' finish mower behind my 34 HP (28 PTO HP) tractor with ease..
Barely know its back there.

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #8  
Rutwad....What exactly do you intend to use the tractor for.??

In other words....Why the need for the "big" HP.??

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #9  
While I use my tractor to mow its not the best machine in the world for it. If mowing is your only need get a 72" diesel ZTR. They fly.

I agree with others though. Why get a tractor like this without a FEL? I use mine every day and could not live without it.

Chris

/ Was about to pull the trigger, then I found this #10  
You will have to decide which tractor suits you better. When I was looking I ruled out lightly used tractors because they cost nearly as much as new and they did not have the new tractor warranty or the new tractor 0% financing.