Where do you stand ?

/ Where do you stand ? #11  
Sometimes you sure wonder about folk's motives in situations as this, but doing right is always right. Glad to hear it worked out well for you and you'll sleep good at night.

/ Where do you stand ? #12  
In the end, we all have to do what we feel comfortable with and from the OP, it did not seem he was happy with how things turned out.

To me, a deal is a deal and I have pressed the issue in the past and will do so in the future and am quite comfortable with my level of integrity.

/ Where do you stand ? #13  
In the end, we all have to do what we feel comfortable with and from the OP, it did not seem he was happy with how things turned out.

To me, a deal is a deal and I have pressed the issue in the past and will do so in the future and am quite comfortable with my level of integrity.

I agree triple R - remember - Nice guys finish last...Crooks prey on nice guys..best to always look a little deeper, get all the facts before giving up on your deal so readily...just my opinion !

/ Where do you stand ? #14  
I think it's great you found what you needed.

As for the sour deal, I wouldn't be happy and would like to get to the bottom of the story.

Now, I may be OK with the dealers story but, I would have to hear the story before I made up my mind wheter or not to press forward with "my" purchase.

/ Where do you stand ? #15  
Sounds like a poorly managed business. I would not seek any legal action but I would take future business elsewhere.

/ Where do you stand ? #16  
The only thing 'lost' here is your confidence in the dealer. You didn't mention if you had any prior business at the dealer involved, that would make a difference I think. If you did, you were a return customer, which indicates you have some prior level of trust. If not, chances are you won't be in the future. If I were the dealer, I would be sending you and the wife to a nice restaurant for dinner with apologies.

If it happened to be you who the combine was previously sold to, you would want the dealer to take a first come, first served solution.

Unless some bait and switch thing is going on, how can the dealer be a 'crook' for refusing to take your money? That's nonsense.

All sorts of things could have happened I agree. Could have been another customer who offered a better price to a different salesman and had been dickering for a while already. Could have been poor communication between salesmen which resulted in an honest mistake. Could be the manager shot down the deal you had with the salesman. Could be two salesmen in pi**ing contest and yours lost. I would take my best guess and move on. I certainly wouldn't loose any sleep over it or worry about the combine that 'got away'.
Dave.

/ Where do you stand ? #17  
Maybe the dealer had a customer come in after you and offer more money. At any rate I do 't think you really want to do business with someone that makes mistakes like that. Also I 'd get the pieces of the check. Ya gonna take his word for it that it was torn up ? Next thing ya know he will be oppolgizing for his accounting dept. accidentally running your check through. And by the way, they will give you a refund in 3 -6 months when they clear their books.

/ Where do you stand ? #18  
Get mad? No. Remember. ABSOLUTELY.

It's hard for me to understand why something like that happened-if it was "sold" it should have been obvious to the guy that sold it to you. Most dealers have a key-board where all keys are kept.....key not there, better go find out what's up with it before I try to offer it to a customer. Others have white-boards where this sort of info is marked down for all to see as part of daily business, ya know, to avoid just exactly this type of situation.

Like the others say, it really would make me question their operations when they screw up like this. What in the heck else are they screwing up? You have know this is not their only fault after something like this.

/ Where do you stand ? #19  
Sounds like the dealer called you back before you reached home, so a quick response. I would not be too pleased but would want my check back too. Before I made much out of this I would want a better explanation and apology. Most people and businesses can make mistakes, I know I have made my share of them, so I see no need to overly chastise them either. Lots of people want to chastise dealers and demand special reparations. What makes these people think they are so "special"?

/ Where do you stand ? #20  
A recent experience !..Just out of interest wanted others opinions......Walked onto a dealers lot and bought a used machine (sold as seen) way too cheap to be true but in expected rough shape, shook hands and wrote a cheque .
Not even back home yet and got a call on the cell from the salesman saying we're tearing your cheque up as it was sold previously that day by another salesman ?.
Not that i took it any further but they accepted my cheque ?
And before any one asks..yes it was a good cheque lol. A blesssing in disguise as it turns out as i ended up buying a red one instead of a green one . Just wondered where i stood legally ?
I agree,it might have been a true blessing in disguise.I firmly believe everything happens for a reason,maybe you just got lucky.LOL.coobie