Comparison Sub Compact green, orange or red

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #1  

flea flicker

Tractor
Ford 1700, JD 2305
I am on the fence about this one. I am looking for a sub compact with FEL and BH. I have priced the JD 2305 @ $16,900, Kubota BX25@$15,900 and a massey GC2610TLB@ $16,390. I like all three, but I am negative about the JD lower hyd. oil flow @5.2 gpm, the size of the Kubota and the support for the massey. Any suggestions? I believe the pricing the OK, but want to make the right choice.

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #2  
The BX25 is an impressive machine, search youtube for videos.

My 2 cents.

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #3  
All good products. How about the dealers, does one stand out?

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #4  
Go make a SEAT TEST on every one. You might need a bigger platform due to your size or lenght of your legs.. . On the seat **play** with all the arms and pedal you will be driving them,do you feel confortable , compare all the specs and standard equipment. Good luck no one can make this choice for you it will be YOUR feeling on the tractor. Read all you can on this site. Have nice dreams :D

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #5  
Exactly... The standard specs for each machine are comparable - no one will drastically outperform the others. They will all get the job done, and it will probably take a while to do it. In this size machine, the only thing you do quickly is mow grass! So, like Roger said, test drive each of them and see how comfortable they are, what 'features' you like (ie: pedal configuration, FEL controller location, dashboard layout, etc...). Also look at the dealers and their service dept's. You'll end up comfortable with each aspect of the color you choose. When comparing same class machines, ergonomics and dealer service are the big sticking points. They will all last forever and perform similarly.

Enjoy test driving and let us know how it turns out!

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #6  
I have a JD2305 as well as BX2660 and can't beat the advice given; all are good, just try them to see which fits best.

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red
Thanks for the info. All dealers are within 50 miles (no one stands out). None of the dealers have a machine on their yard, so I cannot test drive or even look at one up close. The Deere dealer has a 2305 with a belly mower and I did drive it. No BH or FEL. I am kinda in the dark on the feel and touch aspect.

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #8  
Thanks for the info. All dealers are within 50 miles (no one stands out). None of the dealers have a machine on their yard, so I cannot test drive or even look at one up close. The Deere dealer has a 2305 with a belly mower and I did drive it. No BH or FEL. I am kinda in the dark on the feel and touch aspect.

Where are you located?

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red #9  
If everything else seems pretty equal then look beyond the basic specs., though you still can find things there. This is what I found when looking at those choices:
Massey, larger backhoe bucket, 6" more digging depth, and much smoother, more powerful backhoe function at lower rpm, more hydraulic function at lower rpm too.
JD, a bit more ergonomic to me, good options for aftermarket stuff, more loader choices, and standard qc on the loader bucket, larger engine than Kubota, etc. It is also the largest of the 3 you are looking at. Loader, and forks are designed for larger tractors, front blade, and the 47" snowblower then available designed for smaller tractors, and all not quite as well intergrated as the Kubota, and perhaps Massey.
Grass collection is more difficult to install on any of these tractors than on lawn / garden tractors. I haven't seen a Massey collector, but it doesn't look too bad, and is powered by the pto. The JD would be next in ease, and is powered by a belt off the mower deck, the Kubota seems efficient, but looks like a pain to empty, and install, and also has a reputation for eating shear pins.
Confused now? :D
Kubota BX, most aftermarket options, cheapest in my area, good size, and very well intergrated implements sized for that tractor.

/ Sub Compact green, orange or red
I am located in northwest Alabama. I recently retired and have 240 acres to play with.