Who makes a purple tractor?

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #1  

grandad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610, BX2230
Saw a truckload of new compact tractors going the other way on the Interstate today... whizzed by too fast to catch a name. Well... not exactly purple, but maybe grape colored... much darker than the blue on the NH's (no offense intended if anyone is an owner /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif). Is it one of the "other" brands? Any ideas?

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #2  
I believe you saw a load of Long tractors.

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #3  
Landtrac ,made in Korea are purple.
Ed King,a member of TBN has one of these and seams to be very happy with it.

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #4  
Yep, either Long or Barney. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #5  
Hey Gary, That's not very nice, comparing my tractor to Barney./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #6  
I was actually considering getting some of that color powder for our implements until you mentioned the Barney thing./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #7  
Hi ed a question for ya when you change your oil in the long do you use their oil ?? and do you buy your filters from the dealer thanks for the info
EDT

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #8  
I buy the filters from the dealer, but I have been using Castrol 10w40. I have been changing my oil every 100 hrs. I am thinking of going with Shell Rotela (sp?) as it is specificly for diesel engines.

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #9  
Ed,

I'm not picking on your tractor or Barney here. In fact, I just bought a Kenworth T600B I've been christened "The 'Barney' Truck" as it's two tone purple. I don't have it cleaned or de-lettered yet or I'd send you a picture of it.

A good friend of mine and her husband have a bright purple airport shuttle type bus that's long been known as "The 'Barney' Bus". The bus was used to shuttle customers between three Gentlemens' Clubs they own. Of course, it has the clubs names and large logo prominently displayed in silver on each side. [smile}

One of the funniest stories I've ever heard involved that bus. My friend was taking her young daughter and some of her daughters' friends and their Moms to the annual Shrine Circus here with a block of tickets she'd bought at a charity auction. Someone they knew had a limo service and took all eight of them out in a super stretch limo. Pretty cool. huh?

Well, the limo was busy when the circus ended so the driver grabbed the only other vehicle that would accomodate that many people. Yep, he pulls up in front of the coliseum to pick up these kids and their Moms in The Barney Bus-complete with logos! My friend said she had never been so embarrased in her life!

/ Who makes a purple tractor? #10  
GRANDAD; as already stated they were long tractors(landtrac)
i have a dealer just 3 miles away and have checked them out. they look pretty decent,some good features, some not so good.