1975 ford 2000
gas 3cyl
FEL ford 776
standard Tranny
1 yr old brush hog
unknown owners
tires average(not as good)
price $4600

I know info is limited,What do you guys think?

Dano

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #2  
I think you'll know when you go and see them.

Prices seem okay.

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #3  
1970's MF 135
diesel engine (3cyl?)
FEL (unknown)
standard tranny
tires good
price $4600

1975 ford 2000
gas 3cyl
FEL ford 776
standard Tranny
1 yr old brush hog
unknown owners
tires average(not as good)
price $4600

I know info is limited,What do you guys think?

Dano

I have a 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower. Bought it in Jul06 for $3600 (running, needed thorough cleaning, repainting, and new grill).

The 135 diesel has a 3-cyl Perkins engine (45 hp) and delivers 37 hp at the pto. The Perkins diesel is known for its reliability.

The Ford 2000 gasser has a 37 hp engine with 31 hp at the pto.

If that MF135 you're eyeballing has multipower be sure to test drive it in all gear ranges. There's a small weep hole on the bottom of the clutch housing. Bring a small diameter wire or twist drill with you when you check out the 135. Ream the crud out of that weep hole and watch for oil drops (a few is OK, a lot of drainage may mean that the rear crankshaft seal is leaking).

Good luck.

/ MF135 vs ford 2000
Thanks for the replies. They both seem fairly equal for what I would be using them for. I wanted make sure someone didn't say "Run away Screaming" from one or the other.

Thanks again
Dan

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #5  
Thanks for the replies. They both seem fairly equal for what I would be using them for. I wanted make sure someone didn't say "Run away Screaming" from one or the other.

Thanks again
Dan

I would prefer Diesel for lugging power over gas, however, the gas usually starts better in the cold weather and the loader is a + if you need it. Note on the gas. If it has new spark plugs all around or 1 plug is new and the others are old, I would worry about a plug fowling out being camouflaged?? Ken Sweet

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #6  
I think the 2000 is priced a lil high.. though not out of the balpark.

I'm a ford guy.. but on that lineup.. the MF is more tractor.

soundguy

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #7  
I think the 2000 is priced a lil high.. though not out of the balpark.

I'm a ford guy.. but on that lineup.. the MF is more tractor.

soundguy

Honestly, I was thinking the MF was a little bit high, considering it may not have a FEL. If it does have a FEL, then $4600 may be in line. The Ford has a FEL for sure, so that will add some value to it.

One tip: When you look at the ford, check to see if it has power steering, that will make using the FEL a bit easier.

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #8  
Honestly, I was thinking the MF was a little bit high, considering it may not have a FEL. If it does have a FEL, then $4600 may be in line. The Ford has a FEL for sure, so that will add some value to it.

One tip: When you look at the ford, check to see if it has power steering, that will make using the FEL a bit easier.

You can put an FEL on the MF135, but the front axle is not the strongest in the world for FEL work. The MF150 has a stronger axle. Also, the internal hydraulics in the 135 only produce about 5 gpm flow. So for an FEL most often you find that an external hydraulic pump is installed on the front of the engine. If you really, really want/need an FEL, I'd go with the tractor that has one already installed.

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #9  
I took that to read as unknown brand of fel.

the fm with a fel is actually 'deal' priced.

the ford with fel isn't too bad. hopefully it ain't a 4 spd.. non ps unit. :)

soundguy

/ MF135 vs ford 2000 #10  
No comparison for me , Although i'm a ford man first the 3 cyl diesel in the 135 will run rings around the 2000 ! I would'nt want to pay that much for either though ?