Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Way North Idaho Base/US and Canada Territory
    Tractor
    Use from inventory-varies

Default Re: Buying Used via Intranet

Let me add to this another protective measure. We ship on a regular basis up to 2900 miles and average 1500 mile deliveries. I would suggest asking the cross country party you are interested in buying from to give you a list of persons who have bought cross country from the seller including phone numbers and email. Most of our buyers state they are happy to speak with prospective buyers. This keeps us on our toes and offers prospective buyers another approach at protection.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

i found my tractor on the internet, picture looked great so i mailed dealer and took a day off from work to go see it(172 miles) they let me run it and move dirt and snow. all in all a good experience, bought it and they del. 2 days later. probably would not have bought it if the distance was too far to travel, have this thing about having to see and lay hands on what i am going to buy.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Used Yanmar and Iseki

I too let people come to my place and use the loaders, play with the tillers, mowers etc. I know I wouldn't buy if I couldn't drive it first and operate the implements. I agree that it keeps me on my toes too. I had one guy try a tiller that I hadn't had a chance to run yet and together we found a necessary repair. He bought the tractor, I repaired the tiller and delivered it to him later. I think that the Internet makes us better shoppers. We can sit at home and compare prices, features, ask questions, and even shop for implements. Had it not been for the Internet I wouldn't have hooked up with Pieter and gotten my First Choice finish mower! I guess there are definitely two camps on this issue. Some have blind faith and trust in the goodness and honesty of others, and some are out there ripping people off making others look bad.
    Hopefully there are tractor guys out there like me that use the Internet a source of info and to show pics of their tractors.
    nick

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Nick; smart business people, will have nothing to hide, and really smart business folks will treat their potential customers like gold. i bought my tractor at the end of january, after i had emailed the dealer a few times making sure the machine was as nice as the pic. showed i told him i wolud probably be up on moday next, he knew this was a 340 mi. round trip. so taking me at my word when i got there the tractor and all implements that went with it were in the building. dry and clean so i could check them over in nice warm conditions then i took it out to test. i bought it and have senthim at least 2 sales that i know of. for me a good deal is when both the seller and the buyer are happy. sorry for the long post but felt it necessary for other internet shoppers to know that big ticket items can be found and puchased thought the internet. just do your homework!![img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    access to our whole Kubota fleet

twhman
    We sell tractors via the internet and then arrange shipping quite often. We try to represent the equipment honestly and fairly and then email digital pictures to help the customer evaluate the equipment for himself. Usually, there are a number of calls back and forth answering questions. Being a dealer, we have our reputation on the line each sale and an unhappy customer near or far away is not a "good thing".

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

<font color=blue>"...we have our reputation on the line each sale and an unhappy customer near or far away is not a "good thing"."</font color=blue>

I know exactly what you mean. I got a call yesterday from a customer who picked up a used Kenworth T600B he got from us 'as-is, where-is' almost three weeks ago. The fan clutch went out on it. Obviously, this is something that was working fine until yesterday.

Even with a drive train warranty this would not be a covered repair. All of that having been said, I still told him to fax me the bill for reimbursement. I'm guessing it should be around $600 or so and, even though I have no obligation whatsoever, I'll pay it as a goodwill gesture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12