Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #1  

yelmua

Hi Everyone -

I've read through a lot of the posts on this board and the abundance of information is dizzying!

I just moved to a house with a one-acre property, which includes a 3 ft septic mound. I want to buy a mower that gives me the best combo of quality and value. I'm willing to spend up to $4k to get something that will last and not cause me headaches. Of course, I'd like to spend less, if I can find something to meet my needs.

I found the Cub Cadet Z-Series to be a nice fit for the quality/value that I'm looking for. What else should I be looking at? Only caveat is that I want to stay away from the low-end Home Depot-type stuff that's out there.

Appreciate any insight/suggestions.

Thanks all!

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #2  
Try the toro time cutter z its about 2500. Or a husky, or even better a john deere.

Click on the names for the websites

John Deere

Toro

Husqvarna

Keep in mind that the width of the deck makes a huge price difference. I would recommend you buying a 42" deck thats what i use with my tractor and it takes me about 2 hours, with a zero turn i would take you about 1 hour tops.

I hope this helped you a bit

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #3  
Hi Everyone -

I've read through a lot of the posts on this board and the abundance of information is dizzying!

I just moved to a house with a one-acre property, which includes a 3 ft septic mound. I want to buy a mower that gives me the best combo of quality and value. I'm willing to spend up to $4k to get something that will last and not cause me headaches. Of course, I'd like to spend less, if I can find something to meet my needs.

I found the Cub Cadet Z-Series to be a nice fit for the quality/value that I'm looking for. What else should I be looking at? Only caveat is that I want to stay away from the low-end Home Depot-type stuff that's out there.

Appreciate any insight/suggestions.

Thanks all!

See what my Son, Greg has to offer. He can be reached at 270-524-0385. I believe he can save you money with a quality ZTR mower, even including shipping. Ken Sweet

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #4  
For just around your place and the 4K price tag I would look at something like the Dixon, Toro mid level, Simplicity, ect.

I think you have the right idea staying away from the box store stuff but in all reality for your type of mowing and use they would work out fine.

Chris

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #5  
I purchased an Exmark 48" mower in that price range (below $4K) earlier this summer. Great handling mower and better quality machine than the Snapper I traded in. Worth a look.

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #6  
Since you're looking for a quality machine, and have budget considerations, I wouldn't rule out a commercial walk-behind mower. I mow ~two acres with one and it works great. When I'm done with the *big* part of the yard and am ready to do the ditches or trees, I disconnect the riding sulky and have at it. Sulkies can be had in sit-down or stand-up varieties. I made the one I use and I can sit or stand on it.

There's a reason the commercial cutters use mowers like this:

SWZ_studio2007_450.jpg

;)

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property
Thanks everyone. I'm checking out a few places this weekend and will look for some of the suggestions here.

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #8  
Check out Big Dog mowers made by the makers of Hustler. They're a residential mower made by an industrial mower manufacturer.

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property
Checked out cub cadet z force series and the john deere ez trak 425/445 models. Saw some other brands but they were out of my price range. Each of these dealers is close-by so I'm planning to stick with one of the units above.

I'll probably go for the cub cadet given the similar pricing as the built quality seems better (e.g. fabricated vs. stamped deck, and some other quality improvements here and there).

Thanks all for some of your suggestions. I ended up being somewhat limited in choice based on how far away I wanted my dealer to be. Buying this week and will report back on first impressions!

/ Need Help Finding Good Quality Zero-Turn for 1 Acre Property #10  
I remember reading this a while back.