newb question

/ newb question #1  

Covfam

as y'all can tell by my previous question, im new to the tractor scene, and after replies to my earlier reports i did some more looking into tractors and unfortunatly have confused myself.

From what i understand CASEIH and NEW HOLLAND come are the cousin companies with different brand names like GM has GMC,chevy/buick/cadillac.

If so then why doesnt CaseIH have boomer type tractors?

Next i get the impression that Kioti & Bobcat tractors are the same tractor with different paintjob/brand name is this correct? would i be able to get a Bobcat serviced at a kioti dealer or the other way around, or say caseih work at new holland? like i can my buick at and chevy/gm dealer?

what about Cub Cadet & John Deere, it looks like they are both the same engine but are they different manufacturers with same yanmar engine?

and Whats the differences between the Agco,Challenger,Massey Ferguson tractors? are they different or just same models different name?

When looking at asian tractors i get even more confused. with all these different brands/corporations/manufacturers crossing over multiple brands how do you know wich is really better than the other?

Thank you for helping a clearly confused tractor shopper :)

/ newb question #2  
I am sure someone will come along with a more detailed answer, but although CNH is comprised of Case as well as New Holland and Steyr, the tractors are not like GMC/Chevrolet. The tractors are entirely different from everything I have seen. I have yet to see a dedicated dealer of one brand work on other brands tough I guess there may be some.

My Kubota Dealer also handles New Holland and another local dealer handles Case and Kubota.

Yanmar makes components for both John Deere and Cub Cadet but they are different in many other respects.

Don't know much about the different Kioti/Bobcat,m but from the other forums it appears they are pretty much the same.

Agco owns the brands or is the parent company, but the tractors are not the same according to our local dealer.

I agree that it can all be pretty confusing.

I am sure someone else will provide a more detailed breakdown as there are many very knowledgeable people on here.