Implement sheds?

/ Implement sheds? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi,

Next summer I willl build something to house my B2910. It will winter this year under the roof on the back of the house, with the grill...

Seeing how I don't really want to build a huge barn...but would rather attach something to an existing shed that sits on a springhouse foundation, I think I will limit what I build to something like 16 x20 or so. So I won't have a lot of floor space. And the floor will be crushed stone probably, not concrete.

This lead to the idea of building small roofs to cover various attachments. What I was thinking is to sink a couple posts in the ground, say six feet apart, and using a galvanized fence post as a hinge pin between them. I could build a small roof section to keep the weather off whatever was under this little roof, and counter weight it with some concrete blocks so it would lift up out of the way to allow easy hook up of the implement.

Set the implement back down and swing the roof back horizontal and keep the weather off.

Anybody doing anything like this now? I would probably just build the new part of the shed longer, but there it is near the property line and there is a 25 foot building line regulation.

I guess if anyone complained [which my neighbor won't] I could claim I was storing both the little roofs and the implements where they were...

Thanks for any input. Might be a hair brained idea...not sure...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Implement sheds? #2  
hmmmm....

interesting idea. I do not recall anyone doing this so far. Sorta like a really heavy duty tarp thing.

/ Implement sheds?
YIKES /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I posted this in the wrong forum!!!!

Guess it's stuck here forever, right ??? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Implement sheds? #4  
just be advised that putting implements on stone can sometimes make it dificult to hook them up.

/ Implement sheds?
<font color=blue> just be advised that putting implements on stone can sometimes make it dificult to hook them up. </font color=blue>

Hey Frank,

Don't worry... stoned?...don't do than anymore...but agree totally.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bill in Pgh Pa

/ Implement sheds? #6  
Bill,

I am planning a similiar type of project for next week. I have a 12'x18' shed where I keep my tractor sans attachments. I have four 4'x6'x1" rubber mats that I plan to line-up right behind my shed to form a 6'x16' area. Then I will put in five fence posts, 4' a part, on the edge opposite the shed, plus a top rail 4' off the ground connecting them. I have a 12'x20' heavy duty canvas tarp from TSC, that I plan to anchor to the base of the fence posts. The tarp will travel vertically to the top rail and then slightly upward to the barn where I plan to attach with hooks mounted on the side of the barn. If the neighbors find it objectional to look at, gold tarp & light yellow shed, then I plan to paint it a camoflage pattern. The tarp that is /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I'll have to fold the tarp back to get to my attachments, and the less frequently used ones will be in the middle. Currently there looks only room enough for the FEL, Chipper, & rear blade. I'll have to come up with a new plan when I get more toys. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

My only concern is how long will the tarp last?

/ Implement sheds?
I wasn't planning on doing anything this year...but had the desire to...

Found two 4x4 sheets or 1/2 inch pressure treated plywood that was kind of warped at Home Depot, for $1.91 each. Visions of my Woods RFM sitting covered with snow popped into my mind...

So here is how I will keep the snow mostly off it this winter, till something better evolves...

Picture one...the start...

Attachments

• 46-202028-START.JPG
    46-202028-START.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 117
   / Implement sheds?
and picture two...the end.

Used scraps to make a little "roof" to cover the PTO shaft, and also to cover the wheels a bit....

Mabye I should have started a new thread...

POOR MAN'S BARN? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

Attachments

• 46-202030-END.JPG
    46-202030-END.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 122
   / Implement sheds? #9  
Hi Bill,

To get maximum mileage of "implement longevity", during long periods of storage, first use a pressure washer to blast the debris underneath the implement away...like DIRT...

Dirt holds moisture and that's where the most damage occurs for corrosion to set up... likewise leaving an implement stationary directly sitting on the ground in the dirt helps this process... you may want to consider junk pallets underneath to keep the unit off the ground...

also greasing and oiling everything up before you put it to bed will help it sleep better through winter.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Implement sheds? #10  
Alright. I don't feel bad about posting my cobled up lean to pics now that everyone else is.

I'll post some by this weekend.

Nothing fancy, just a 16x8 ( was an 8x8 and had an addition).. Then I boarded in one 8x8 side to hold my finish mower, as the 8n took-over its place in the barn.

Soundguy