Comparison John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #11  
the 'e' series deere is an economney tractor, the B3030 is a deluxe model. To make a more fair comparision look at the Kubota B3200 (same size) or L2800 (bigger)

Huh? The comparison was to the Kubota B3300, not the B3030

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #12  
Similar size and hp, the Kub has a continuous live PTO and the Deere has an independant PTO, Kub - 1/4" valve, JD - position control, Kub - single pump, JD - dual pump, and the JD has slightly more 3 pt hitch lift capacity and is a little over 100# heavier. The Kub does have a longer wheelbase and a little more ground clearance. Both Deere and Kub make very good machines (obviously I am partial to green :D ) and I think the biggest differences between the two in usability for you will be the 3 pt hitch controls (position vs 1/4) and the PTO (indp vs live)

Just my :2cents:

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #13  
Similar size and hp, the Kub has a continuous live PTO and the Deere has an independant PTO, Kub - 1/4" valve, JD - position control, Kub - single pump, JD - dual pump, and the JD has slightly more 3 pt hitch lift capacity and is a little over 100# heavier. The Kub does have a longer wheelbase and a little more ground clearance. Both Deere and Kub make very good machines (obviously I am partial to green :D ) and I think the biggest differences between the two in usability for you will be the 3 pt hitch controls (position vs 1/4) and the PTO (indp vs live)

Just my :2cents:

That would be enough for me as I hate the 1/4" valve.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300
"Kub - 1/4" valve, JD - position control"

Can someone clarify what this means and why there would be a preference? Thanks!

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #15  
You can do a search and find hours of reading. Here is just one example:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/168321-quarter-inching-valve.html

Essentially with position control, you can pick a repeatable, set height for your implements and it will remain there. Also small adjustments to your lever give small corresponding changes to the height, up or down.

With 1/4 inching and other non position control, you move the lever up or down and the implement will move as long as you hold the lever or you can move the lever and the implement will completely raise or lower and the lever will self center. With the 1/4 inch feature, you can "bump" against tabs with your lever and the 3-point will move in small increments. There is a You Tube on this.

I am sure someone else might be able to give a more succinct definition.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #16  
I checked out the 303xe series when I bought my 'Bota. Here is the rundown:

JD 3032e/3038
No cruise control
no drawbar
no temp/fuel gage. Only rpm.
No split brake. PTO
Only 2 speed hydro.

I tested one and it seemed like a solid machine. I think JD intentionally made it cheap to make the 3x20 more appealing. The loader handled nice and smooth and the tractor drove good. I did not like all the plastic. I picked the Kubota L3400, which is similar to the L2800 and now L3700. The only thing I do not like about the Kubota is the jerky 3-pt hitch. It's fine for box blade etc. but is a pain when using a post hole digger or boom pole. L3400 series falls more inbetween the 3032 and 3x20 series, depending on the model. Also the 3038 uses a turbo to get those 38 HP, the Kubota is non-turbo.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300
We decided to go with the JD 3032E. Have many hours on it already with the mower and 6" and 9" augers while installing our pasture fence. Solid machine and love the position control. Thanks for all the suggestions.