Comparison John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #1  

DodgersDad

We are looking to buy a tractor for our horse property (5 acres). We are considering the John Deere 3032e or the Kubota B3300. They are very similar in price (the John Deere is actually several hundred cheaper). We will be using it mostly to mow pasture, move dirt for stalls, and using an auger to install fence posts. Any thoughts on which would be the best fit for our needs?

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #2  
Both are good tractors with very similar features. The Kubota has a 3-speed transmission whereas the John Deere has two. I use Medium on mine quite a bit. For me this would not be a deal breaker, only a consideration.

I believe the real difference is going to be which "feels right" to you as the controls are quite a bit different. I prefer the HST controls on the Kubota, but also own a John Deere and have no real problem with it. The brake pedals are on the left for the John Deere and on the right for the Kubota. I prefer the Kubota arrangement, but many prefer the John Deere.

Spend a little time on both and you will know which one is right for you. Good luck.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #3  
As posted, you will have to see and feel for yourself which one is right for you. I bought the Kubota B3300 and the only thing I do not like about it is the vibration at PTO speeds, it is my understanding that the B series with the 4 cyl motor has this high frequency vibration that the 3 cyl does not have. I went back to my dealer and tested both 3 and 4 cyl models and the 3 cyl models such as the L2800 are much smoother at PTO speeds. It probably does not matter to a lot of people but mine puts my feet to sleep. I am in the process trying to trade for a L2800 but with only 29 hours/ 2 months on mine they still want about $1700 difference, too much as far as I'm concerned. I realize it is considered a used tractor now but I think Kubota should foot some of the difference. If they don't I will have to keep my B3300 and wish I had bought the John Deere 3032. Just my opinion!

Curt

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #4  
May want to look at the Kubota L3700 SU - they seem to be selling all over for 18600 with a loader and that may give you a little extra tractor for the money. I bought one and really am glad I moved up to that size.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #5  
If you want more HP, the L3700SU compares favorably with the Deere 3038E. You can get a 3038E around here for about $17,000-$17,500 with a loader. It is basically the same tractor as the 3032E with more horses.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #6  
I was looking at the Deere as well and it is a nice machine. The draw back for me was the loader and lack of a quick detach, only a 2 range hydro, and the lack of a subframe backhoe. Depending on your needs and wants it is a good machine to consider.
Also make sure you have a good dealer, that can help make the decision - a good dealer can be very important after the sale.
Good luck

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #7  
I agree that a good dealer is essential. Just FYI, with the 3032E and 3038E there is a quick attach dealer installed option for the loader.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #8  
Well:thumbsup:---I finally gave in and decided to go ahead and trade my new(2 months old) Kubota B3300SU in on a L2800 XtraPower. I'm giving up 3 HP (33 vs 30) but the L series is a much heavier tractor and loader and has the 3 cyl engine that has less vibration than the B3300's 4 cyl. at PTO speeds. Dealer should have it ready sometimes Thursday.

Curt

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #9  
Sounds like you got what you want.

Good for you.!!:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300 #10  
the 'e' series deere is an economney tractor, the B3030 is a deluxe model. To make a more fair comparision look at the Kubota B3200 (same size) or L2800 (bigger)