Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA???

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
I will be buying a tractor soon and am pretty picky about what I buy. I really want to buy something that is just a couple years old or less and buy it used with low hours.
Obviously because I am picky there aren't many tractors out there that fit the bill close by.

So this is a shipping question. Does anyone have a ROUGH estimate on how much it would be to ship a tractor?
I don't know if there is a rough rule of thumb but here are some details.

Kubota 5240 with loader, front mount snowblower, landscape rake, brushhog and cab. The tractor is in Washington state and I live in MA.

Obviously this is a worst case scenerio because I can't really get much farther away than that. Any ideas how much to ship something like this that far? Thanks for any estimates or very rough ideas, I don't know if it would be closer to 3k or closer to 10k. I have NO idea. :confused2:

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #3  
If you are as picky as you say I hope you made a trip out there to inspect it yourself. Lots of guys buy sight unseen, but I am not about to.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #4  
When I was looking for a used tractor I had prices quoted from OH for $750- 1000 to East Coast MA...

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #5  
You may as well buy new. The shipping will be outrageous and take you well over the cost of new. I can't think of any reason you couldn't find a used one locally, but I guess I'm not from your area.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #6  
You may as well buy new. The shipping will be outrageous and take you well over the cost of new. I can't think of any reason you couldn't find a used one locally, but I guess I'm not from your area.

What do you consider outrageous? I bought a Cab tractor, FEL, Brush hog and Boxblade. Bank Repo Out of Florida 260 hrs on the tractor... registered with uship and solicited bids .. it was per mapquest 1200 miles and the equipment was deleivered to me for $1450.

I think thats reasonable ...
It was my first time with uship and everything went 100% ... I would use them again.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #7  
I had my Zetor shipped from PA to my door in WV, about 450 miles, for $585.00. I used Uship and once the bids started the price kept going down over several days until the tractor was ready and I went with the lowest bidder that had license and insurance information posted. Everthing went 100% to my satisfaction, and I would not hesitate to do it again. Good Luck with your search.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #8  
All the quotes I had were $1 per mile, when I looked out west for a tractor. Bought much closer to home for just cost of diesel used in delivery. Big savings.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #9  
What do you consider outrageous?

I'm guessing $1/mile or better. Cross country, and considering he wants almost new with low hours, it only makes sense to buy new locally. I just can't see how he could save enough to justify the shipping.

/ Shipping cost for tractor from WA to MA??? #10  
Have you looked into shipment via train? From coast to coast, it would probably be cheaper than by truck. Still don't understand how coast to coast by truck is economical on any level for anyone.