Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #1  

BradinWashington

Tractor
Case 580C TLB
I found a used B21 with 800 hr about 2000 miles from home. There is a Kubota dealer about 30 miles from home. Total cost for the tractor and transportation is about $13,000.

I also looked at a new Kioti DK35 at a dealer about 130 miles from home. Total cost for TLB about $23,000 plus tax which is considerable in Washington. About 8%. This is not for agriculture.

I have to dig ditches for utilities and then do landscaping for the house I'm building. I have an occasional 30" diameter rock but most are basket ball size or smaller.

I really liked the Kioti. It appeared very capable. The specs for the Kioti KB2085 backhoe were beter than the Kubota BT751 backhoe. The Kioti TLB is about 1,000 pounds heavier.

I think the Kioti will be more versatile after the ditches are dug. The FEL comes off but does not on the B21.

The Kioti also has much more PTO HP and has a mid PTO standard although I'll probably never need it.

I looked at a used B20 and it seemed too small to dig the rocks out of the ditch. People really like them though.

I liked the shuttle shift on the Kioti and I would probably get one with creeper gear. It looks like everybody that has hst likes hst too.

Any input is appreciated.

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #2  
Hello Brad,

Just for the heck of it I thought I would tell you what I would do. At that price for the B21 TLB and transport included I would jump all over that fast. Don't worry about what you like about any of them right now but get your hands on that B21 as long as you are happy with it's condition (should be with low hrs unless beat to death). After running that for as long as you like keeping the condition in good shape you will be able to have a better down payment after making some money with the B21 resale for your Kioti later. :)

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #3  
you are looking at a 12 k difference.is it worth it to u ? the 21 is a fine machine if it is in good condition. the kioti is also quite popular just ask northcreek! h e loves his. i think i would jump on the 21 and u can decide after u get it it if it is enough tractor for u, u won't have any problem selling it if that is what u decide.

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #4  
Brad,

I would agree with the others and say the B21 will do what you need. The fact that you have a local Kubota dealer will help in resale as well. If your happy with the overall condition tires, etc, this unit will provide many more years of service.

Some of the other factors when operating the B21 - when using the BH one can reach around and operate the FWD/REV on the HST without changing the seat. This makes for faster trenching etc. Also the BH removal/replacement is very easy when changing implements.

Trailering and tow vehicles is also a factor, with the B21 & trailer you will weigh in about 5500 Lbs +-, with the Kioti 6500 +- depending on loaded tires etc..

Good luck in your decision.

Carl

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #5  
Brad,Like Frank said,I'm very happy with my DK40 Kioti.
If you do go Kioti you might want to spend the extra $ to jump up to the 40.There is certainly nothing wrong with the 35 but, I liked the almost double fel lift capacity of the 40 and the 4cyl. engine......................Mike

/ Kubota B21 or Kioti DK35 #6  
Well now........I'd have to say,what I'd do is:

If you do not really need the bh after the construction phase,rent a real full size one and do what you need done. Or have someone who knows what they are doing come in and do it correctly the first time!!

Then I'd go with the tractor that suits me the best,and will fill my needs present and future.

If you do consider the distant tractor,go and check it out!! Unless of course money is of no object,and you can eat a dud!!