John Deere vs New Holland

/ John Deere vs New Holland #1  

Jd6403

Tractor
John Deere 6403
We have to upgrade to a better (new) cutter this summer and it's either a NH 1475 haybine or a JD 830 MoCo. My brother says to go with the 1475 becuase it's bigger but you gotta cut slower and I'm not sure I have enough tractor for it (have a jd 6403 (85 pto 100 engine). I would rather have the discbine becuase it's easier to run and doesn't break as much but what do y'all think cuz the 1475 is dang nice but also the 830!! We cut coastal and Bahia, flat land.

/ John Deere vs New Holland #2  
Usually, coastal doesn't need conditioning. Why not get you a Kuhn disc cutter, then rake and bale. You can spray some Dupont Cimmaron to take care of the Bahia and many weeds next spring.

Oh yea, almost forgot, welcome aboard neighbor. We probably live about 15 minutes from you.

/ John Deere vs New Holland
Alright you live right Down tHe road! And I've always noticed that when you get in real tall have with just a disc cutter (we have a NH 617 right now) that it doesn't dry as pretty as it should and rollers really give it fast dry down and make a lot prettier hay in my opionoin

/ John Deere vs New Holland #4  
We have to upgrade to a better (new) cutter this summer and it's either a NH 1475 haybine or a JD 830 MoCo. My brother says to go with the 1475 becuase it's bigger but you gotta cut slower and I'm not sure I have enough tractor for it (have a jd 6403 (85 pto 100 engine). I would rather have the discbine becuase it's easier to run and doesn't break as much but what do y'all think cuz the 1475 is dang nice but also the 830!! We cut coastal and Bahia, flat land.

It's the 21st century. Buying a sickle machine of any color is not an "upgrade", especially given you own an 85 PTO HP tractor.

/ John Deere vs New Holland #5  
You do have enough horsepower to run a disc head! A typical cutterbar machine only requires about 35 horsepower and for many it's just an adjustment or two get good cutting speed.

The CaseIH version of the 1475 has some different roll options that are quite a bit better for most drying as well as life for us here in NY. They don't tend to chunk out as they are steel and they are more aggressive on criming the hay but that also depends on the initial set-up or the adjustments that are made to the conditioning rolls to keep there proper spacing.