Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default Electric ATV/Utility vehicle?

I'm looking for a rechargable electric ATV or Utility Vehicle. I want something quiter than the gas powered models I've seen all over the place these days. Don't need a lot of speed (20 MPH would be plenty). I do need enough power to get up and down some decent hills while pulling a small cart (or with the back end full, if it had a built in bed). Mostly will be running in open fields and on trails through a wood lot. Trails can be rough in spots, but I'm not talking about any serious "stump jumping".

Any thoughts on where to look?

John Mc

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default Re: Electric ATV/Utility vehicle?

john: i'm no expert on the subject of atv's but don't beleive i ever heard of or seen an electric atv. have u done a search for them?

Tractor
    MF 165, Kioti 2554

Some of the Sporting Clays shooters use souped up golf carts, with lifted suspensions, bigger electric motors and stiffened chassis to get around. Most have trailer hitches. You might try one of those forums.

The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California

Check out ClubCar

clubcar.com

Not only do they make electric utility vehicles, but some very nice gas vehicles as well.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1920

John Mc, I believe John deere has an electric Gator. I have no idea of cost or specs though. Hope this helps.

Bill C

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Not sure about an atv, but I have worked for a company that was researching electric utility vehicles.

The utility vehicles had a roughly golf cart look to them, but with a stretched rear end for payload... perhaps 8-10 foot vehicle length. In the rear, alont the sides of the bed, were the battery compartments, and they doubled as a row of seats.. more or less.

Frame was square aluminum tubing, with aluminum panels, and expanded metal in places.

Had a 3 speed electric motor. My friend and I worked on the prototype unit, and built the motor speed controller. ( basically a 3 position switch, with a pulse width modulated ( mosfets ) output to the drivetrain.

Had rudimentart shocks / springs.

Would do about 30mpw highway, and had a decent range.

Tires were small though.. I would opt for larger tires for rougher terain.. helps overcome the stall factor.

Unfortunately, the business didn't find a market here, and folded.

Soundguy

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

John deere makes the e-gator. It has all the same specs of the gas Gator but it's electric. I drove one and really liked it. It wasn't short on power and was super quiet.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

Cowboydoc -

Do you recall what those e-gators went for, ballpark? If it comes down to choosing between an electric utility vehicle and a back hoe, it's going to be a tough choice...

John Mc

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

Thanks for the Club Car link, Rat. Some of them look interesting. I may look at some of their used/reconditioned "Lift Kit Cars" if I can find a dealer around here.

John Mc

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC29D

John_Mc, Below is a link for the e-Gator. MSRP $7699. Hope this helps.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://products.deere.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prnbr=1993W&amp;prmenbr=8416&amp;Pr evCatRef=46199&amp;PrevCatcgnbr=GATORHO&amp;path=H O&amp;pcat=109849>http://products.deere.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prnbr=1993W&amp;prmenbr=8416&amp;Pr evCatRef=46199&amp;PrevCatcgnbr=GATORHO&amp;path=H O&amp;pcat=109849</A>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast