Pet Peeve

/ Pet Peeve #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
Please excuse the rant.

I appreciate posters on TBN sharing discussions/photos of their latest acquisitions.

However, they do a disservice to some of us when they refer to those acquisitions as "toys," even though it is a completely accurate description. Some of us have invested considerable time and effort in convincing our better halves that our purchases are not "toys," but rather absolute necessities. I would request that posters refrain from the use of the term "toy" in the interest of preserving marital harmony for the general populace.:)

End of rant.

Steve

/ Pet Peeve #2  
Should also mention how hard and tough it is to drive this machinery ;)

/ Pet Peeve #3  
Notice it is Veteran and Gold members with this rant. With hopefully happy wives.

Us junior members should take note.

And I thought it was "Toys for Big Boys":laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Pet Peeve #4  
I suppose that I'm one of the lucky newlyweds (only 36 years.) I bought a new tractor on Wednesday and my wife was disappointed because we won't get it until next week.

I love being married to a Country Girl!

/ Pet Peeve #5  
I suppose that I'm one of the lucky newlyweds (only 36 years.) I bought a new tractor on Wednesday and my wife was disappointed because we won't get it until next week.

I love being married to a Country Girl!

I've got you beat by 10...married 46 yrs. and the Mrs. loves to see me happy on my Toy tractors..Just lucky I guess:thumbsup:

/ Pet Peeve #6  
My wife not only loves to see me happy on the tractor or rebuilding/building whatever I'm working on at the time. She'll fight me for the drivers seat sometimes.

I forgot to mention, my wife has a twin sister who's available.

/ Pet Peeve
My wife not only loves to see me happy on the tractor or rebuilding/building whatever I'm working on at the time.

Mine too, but I think it's because that she's not having to put up with my company.:) We've been married for 42+ years.

Steve

/ Pet Peeve #8  
Hmm...is this a serious or humor-filled rant? :confused:

Guess I'm lucky, the only response I get when I pull up with a new tractor is "what's that for"? :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever seen my wife on one of my tractors, till I'm gone...then she mows the lawn with the ZTT! :cool:

I guess "toys" to us, but definitely "tools" to the spouses!;)

And, I've got some catching up to do, only married 15 yrs...:eek:

Now, my kids have got a pile of "toys" that irks the **** out of me....but that's another story/rant!

/ Pet Peeve #9  
1st of all, she has figured this out long ago. She only puts you through the hoops to watch you do tricks to share with her girl friends.

2nd, I agree with Teg about making it seem complicated. The other day I was spot spraying weeds and my wife came out and volunteered to drive the tractor for me. I suggested since I had been at it for a couple of hours and maybe she could spray and I could drive. After little bit of being stared at, I agreed that if she would drive, it would help me a lot.

Last edited:
   / Pet Peeve #10  
I've been only married for 10 years and got my toy sorry tool three years ago. When it came she said "why do you need that" I replied "its the same with you and shoes, I wanted it and it looks good on me" I still get stared at once in a while but she buys her shoes and what not knowing I wont complain.