KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65
Thanks for the replies so far. I found some very helpful reading with a discussion thread regarding four wheel drive or not. I think you can make a case for whatever one decides. I am enjoying the research and hope to make a decision in the next month. My next step is to drive the Kabota on my land which is pretty hilly. Today for the first time I went to a friends horse farm and bushhogged using his MF245? I think that's right. It's a neat old tractor but needs some work. Hydrolic leaks I'm told. Whatever I decide, I bet it will do fine 85% of the time so I can't go too wrong. At this moment it's a toss up but I'm leaning toward the New Holland. More later!

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #12  
I have been using tractors for many years. Early on I had 2 wd tractors, there is no comparison between 2wd and 4wd in anything but mowing, haying etc. I have a 2120 and a NH TN75D. The TN65 4wd is a fine tractor and will serve you well. email me if you have any specific questions.

Andy

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #13  
You might also want to take a look at the new 6000 series from Mahindra. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mahindrausa.com>http://www.mahindrausa.com</A>

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #14  
I agree, take a look at the mahindra 6000 4wd, they also just came out with the 4500 4wd and very soon with the 5500 4wd.

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #15  
Those are some BIG tractors for a 14 acre farm./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #16  
Seems like your looking at tractors oversized for the application, and that may be more of a detriment than advantage. If you like the NH, look at the TC 4OD or 45D. Either of these should be plenty. If I can give you one bit of advice that I hope you really head, DO NOT BUY A 2 WD TRACTOR. I had one and used another regularly. Yes, just as with a 4wd unit, usually 2wd was enough. But there will be numerous times when either the job cannot be done at all, or is much more difficult without the use of 4wd. Steering with any kind of load, front or back, is so enhanced with 4wd, you won't want to live without it. Work in loose ground, slippery situations, or snow is another reason. If you want to save some $$$, buy a smaller tractor, but don't go without 4wd!

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #17  
I have a New Holland TN65 with four wheel drive and love it. I have seen the MX5000 and it is not in the same class as a TN65, it would probably compare to the TC series. I would not get a two wheel drive tractor if you have any hills or soft ground at all, or if you plan to use a loader or pull a blade.

/ KUBOTAMX5000 OR NH-TN65 #19  
I would only by a 4wd particularly if you are in steep terain.
vin