Comparison trackhoe

/ trackhoe #1  

apatche1964

Tractor
john deere 955
I am looking for a mini trackhoe but i dont know much about them . I want one to clean up some property and dig a small pond Any suggestions appreciated as to size and make. I cant afford one too new about 10000 or less

/ trackhoe #2  
I was like you about three years ago. Needed a mini-ex to dig drainage ditches and cleanup. Couldn't rent one of the size needed and with ditching bucket. Learned the basic operation by visiting a rental yard. Read every thing that I could find out on the internet. After a lot of looking purchased a rental machine at an auction. Purchased a Deere 27CZTS with a 12 inch bucket which was the biggest machine that I could afford. Machine is perfect size for my needs which have expanded since I bought it. In addition to ditching(after purchasing a 30 inch bucket), I have removed countless stumps, transplanted trees, and use it to pickup anything that I need to pickup. What a back saver. Pleased with the Deere. Fairly economical, easy to get parts(so far only ignition switch, hydraulic fittings), and manuals are available.Sure machine has lots of hours, some slop in pins and bushings, but starts everytime, runs well, and does what I need it to do. After the first year, fabricated a hydraulic thumb. Afterward, was a great cleanup machine. Original plan was to sell after comlpeting ditching and cleanup, but now cannot part with the mini-ex.

/ trackhoe #3  
apatche, what type of land clearing are you talking about? What size pond? Also, have you considered renting?

/ trackhoe
I posted a few days ago looking for a trackhoe i bought one yesterday. It is a TEREX hr16 2200 hrs the only trouble is the previous owner replaced the top hyd. cylinder (the one that straightens the boom out flat along the ground) with one a little too long. Now the boom wont straighten clear out in other words it wont reach as far as it should. What i need to know is what are the exact measurements of that cylinder? If someone out there has a machine like it would you please give me the size,of piston bore and length opened and closed in other words i need att of the measurments of it. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

/ trackhoe #5  
Why not check with Terex abou the proper cylinder? At least compare the specs with a known source.

I have rented the hr16 on numerous occasions, decent little mini exc.

/ trackhoe
thanks but i cant get any info from terex only part no. im lost without any idea what the capacity is on the cyl. wish someone with expertise on these things would respond thanks

/ trackhoe #7  
apatche1964 said:
thanks but i cant get any info from terex only part no. im lost without any idea what the capacity is on the cyl. wish someone with expertise on these things would respond thanks

There's a construction equipment forum down the front page. Many more excavator owners posting there. Your questions might get more play over there. Check it out.