Futon tractor ???

/ Futon tractor ??? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
I see a 40 horse Futon tractor advertised locally. 4WD, shuttle shift , two rear remotes, 80 hours, for $6500. Painted Deere color scheme. Seems pretty cheap for a heavy looking tractor. Is this worth looking at? I am considering a second tractor to use for light duty applications (bush hogging, pulling a drag harrow, etc.) to free up my Kubota M6800 for the heavier tasks, and speed up things, as both can be used in combination. I realize it is a China brand, and that may be problematic, but if I get another tractor, it must be inexpensive. Any knowledge of these. Should I run away or look?

/ Futon tractor ??? #2  
   / Futon tractor ???
Do they have a good reputation? Obviously it is not a "cadillac" but for a secondary tractor for this price, any other name brand used one would have some heavier use. At least that is what I surmise. i checked out the Farm-Pro site.. You are right. Looks just like it. I like the weight.

/ Futon tractor ??? #4  
They make a good heavy tractor with Perkins engines. With a Chinese tractor you get simplicity and weight but you must be willing to wrench on them from time to time. The main issues with Chinese tractors was and is some of the shoddy dealers out there slapping them together and then never adjusting things like the clutch ect. This leads to problems.

I have had a Jinma tractor for about 8 years now. About 800 hours and not major issues. I went over it with a fine tooth comb when I got it all that its needed was a starter, battery, and a thermostat in that time. I have broken a few other things but they were my fault like hydro hoses, hood piece, ect.

By the way I own a Ford tractor also.

If it has a FEL its a steal.

Chris

/ Futon tractor ??? #5  
Search the Chinese Tractor topic below for Foton and you'll see some users experiences. It's probably the second most common Chinese brand next to Jinma.

That sounds like a good price. Farm Pro sells it as a 4020. Farm Pro Tractor Series
Northern Tool seems to migrating from Jinma to Foton:
FREE SHIPPING ! NorTrac 40XT 40HP 4WD Tractor | 40 HP Tractors | Northern Tool + Equipment

Brad...do other companies also private label the Futons? Curious...how many Futons do you think are sold in the US per year?

Perhaps they will go to a distribution center for parts if their volume gets large enough?

Do Northern and other companies such as FarmPro have identical tractors?...allowing for cosmetic differences?

Curious if you could get parts and find a service source if you bought one??

Thanks...Tom R

/ Futon tractor ??? #6  
I don't know,so this is a question,not a smart remark,,,wonder if johndeere,kubota,kioti,[etc] dealers adjust the clutches in the new tractors they get in to sell,I'm betting not,,but like said,it is a question.