Comparing snowblowers?

/ Comparing snowblowers? #32  
So can I get any brand of snowblower with a US made engine on it? How about Deere?

dont know, i cant find where the briggs snow max (on the larger deeres) are made. Im not sure if deere builds their blowers in-house or outsources them. If it has a intek engine i think it is us made. Im pretty sure the inteks are still made down there. Its only been the last few years that MTD has begun sourcing those engines (and likely many/most of the parts) overseas

edit: it appears the snow MAX is us made. THe regular snow series is china

/ Comparing snowblowers? #33  
So can I get any brand of snowblower with a US made engine on it? How about Deere?
i will look on my Simplicity this evening for the country of origin on the engine. nevertheless, i would not get too hung up on this. capitalism works if you let it. "buying American" is not a method which brings about the essence of capitalism. but, "buying quality" does.

wrooster

/ Comparing snowblowers? #35  
i will look on my Simplicity this evening for the country of origin on the engine.
the B&S SnowSeries MAX 14.50 Gross Torque Electric Start engine used on the Simplicity P1524E i posted pictures of earlier in this thread is made in the USA.

wrooster

/ Comparing snowblowers?
the B&S SnowSeries MAX 14.50 Gross Torque Electric Start engine used on the Simplicity P1524E i posted pictures of earlier in this thread is made in the USA.

wrooster

I think they sell them at lowes. I just saw a Simplicity for $899. Looked like a 28" clearing path, but HP wasn't specified. :confused:

That may not be a big enough snowblower to qualify for the B&S Snowseries engines though.