Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #111  
I think our Moderators, I, and now you have asked that question and all we have seen in reply is someone "lacing" John for asking twice. Maybe its my turn for a lacing.

I'm sure Kubota does have unit sales for a specific range of FWD tractors sealed up, but the broad general claims of universal domination and ensuing subjugation of all things "tractor" always compell me to weigh in and ask questions, just like you.

As the old saying goes....

"Claims of superiority are undoubtedly frought with disinformation; the best is the foe of the good; and counsels of excellence are generally difficult to follow."

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #113  
Re: John Miller you are blind or?

One, I said indirectly.
Two, most people know the difference between a burger and a tractor.
Three, the only reaon this whole discussion just keeps on going is that JD guys, by and large, simply cannot accept the fact some people will not ever care anything for a JD and don't have to make excuses for it.
Four, in answer to how long an improvement in quality is reflected in sales (high ticket items) once the public is burned before they begin to forget or forgive, in the case of GM it was about 30 years give or take 'cept'n those of us like me who will never forget till GM forks over the 3,600 (1973) dollars they owe me and an apology.
Five, what's a Ford? (Found On Road Dead)
Six, your grandaddys JD is not the one that JD buys from Japan and rebadges. Is it true some large JD products have Kubota engines?
Seven, there is life in this thread yet, yo momma wears Army Shoes!
J

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #114  

Whilst stirring the pot might as well toss in a pinch of salt. Prediction, (fingers crossed that it does not happen) JD will, within the next 10 years, toss in the towel on the sub 40ish horsepower tractors due to low profit margins and increasing competition from a plethora of newly emerging brands. They will sell their brand name to MTD and their CEO will appear on Saturday Nite Live with the jailbird Martha Stewart. They will fold sweaters and remember the good ol'days when JD was number one and stock swindlers could do TV programs popular with neurotic middle class white women.
The good ol' days, yeppers, miss them already.
Walk fast, zig-zag and hide in dark places.
J

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #115  

4WD tractors are ag tractors... those articulated monsters with 8... or 12 wheels. 2WD tractors are the things we play with. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The under-40 HP 2WD tractor category includes everything from a BX22 to a 4510 MFWD (I think it's 40 PTO HP, but I'd have to check).

No link can be posted to brand breakdowns because, well, we don't have access to that information. AEM makes it available only to manufacturers. Keep in mind that not EVERY manufacturer reports to AEM... but some 700 companies are AEM members and that's going to be most of them.

We (TractorByNet) do our own market research and what we have found points to the big three being, in order of market share, Kubota, John Deere, and New Holland. So I would take the statement that Kioti is #3 now, with a grain of salt... there isn't much there in terms of a change in dealers, products, or marketing to support Kioti being the #3 manufacturer in 2002. They don't even have a subcompact machine.

We got a kick out of Mahindra's claim to own 40% of the US CUT market, too. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #116  

Trescrows, you either have too much time on your hands, or a lurking inferiority complex. Your rabid defense of Kubota and JD hating is getting very old. I own JD, but really like the Kubota and NH machines too. You can't go wrong on any of these brands. I bought based on better price and local dealer support. The fact is dealer support is lacking in many rural areas for brands other than JD. For this reason, JD will always have significant market share.

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #117  
TBN is a part of the internet that circles the globe and we have many on TBN who are not from the USA or even North America. Some time it is easy to forget that tractors are used throughout the world and that what is number one in one country or continent is not in others. On assumption that AEM is the Association of Equipment Manufacturers your figures are probably for the USA and perhaps Canada, although Canada is usually set apart.

Since many US manufacturers are private labels of Japanese tractors I am not clear who gets to count what as their own sales or would both the Japanese and the USA labels each count the same tractor?

None of this would change the position of Kubota because, at least to my knowledge, they don't private label and are probably the far and away leader world-wide.

Kubota has sold some old tooling though, it is rumored, to some new players in the international new tractor sales.

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #118  

Ahhhhhh, the usual personal attacks, the last refuge, clearly your upset with me--too bad /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif . I won't play your game. I think you are breaking the forum rules /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif , hmmmmmmmmm.
Time on my hands?, No I am building an airplane in my basement since it is warm down here and I have the computer up and running all the time, frequently on TBN for your amusement.
Meanwhile I think I will go read my new book about the history of various tractors, pretty cool book, just for you. Prediction number two, Kioti will move to number two, NH will pass away. Kubota will loose it's momentum due to it's failure to maintain a traditional but inovative product as it fails to realize it's leadership role and becomes a follower like Ford used to copy GM. Kubota will still be number 1 but Kioti and others will rise to the challenge. How do I know all this, perhaps the Crows told me, we will see. All things are possible, the future is up for grabs. I will write a coffee table tractor book, Martha Stewart will still be a slime ball and you will still be a sorehead /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif but you will buy my book anyway. J

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #119  
Cup of coffee and a plain good old fashion donut,you got my vote BigDave. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Who is #1 in compact Tractor sales? #120  

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Trescrows, you either have too much time on your hands, or a lurking inferiority complex.

<hr></blockquote>

I might as well jump into the fray.Being relatively new here...I have made some observations,I think there is a star member(no names mentioned) that is a control freak,I do not see where Tres is coming off as bad as some of the even(dare I say)moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.