My New Mahindra 4110

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #1  

BSims66173

Tractor
Mahindra 4110 4x4
Attached is a pic of my new Mahindra 4110. This is my first new tractor. I had a Ford 4000 gas burner and got all the good out of it I could before I traded it for this. Man I am impressed with this thing. It really has more power than I thought. I have only had it for a couple of weeks so I haven't really had a chance to put it to a full test yet. I did turn an acre of groung that hasn't been turned in about ten years because my old ford couldn't pull the old double disc turning plow I have. This baby will pull it no matter how deep I sock it in the ground. I have done a little earth moving with the FEL but not anything to test it either. I am just tickeled so far. My wife calls it my new toy and makes fun of me about it but she has her five cats and I have my tractor. Guess that makes us even. really love the site and it has great info. Looking forward to more visits.

Attachments

• 46-203769-Tractor2.jpg
    46-203769-Tractor2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 310
   / My New Mahindra 4110
Also. I pretty much understand everything about this tractor except the shiney gold looking linkage in the attached photo. The owners manual makes no reference to it. I have been meaning to stop by the dealer and ask but haven't had a chance yet.If there are any other 4110 owners out there who might know what this is for I would welcome your wisdom. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 46-203772-Linkage1.jpg
    46-203772-Linkage1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 214
   / My New Mahindra 4110 #3  
my friend just purched a new 55hp Mahindra.very impressed with it,as everything was a definat over kill..extra super hd.Any how he took me to his dealer to look at a 40hp 4x4..was really sweet.only turnoff was it had a hyd accumalator under the frame in ft of the right rear wheel.this had a brush hog fel.i knoticed your`s had a mahindra fel....do you have a accumlator (tank) there too? fel rear supports went under this leaving aprox 8" of ground clearance....Thanks Sid

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #4  
<font color=blue>fel rear supports went under this leaving aprox 8" of ground clearance....</font color=blue>

I saw you post this on another thread as well. Are you sure you were looking at a 4110? Maybe one of the older designs? My 4110 has well over 8" of ground clearance throughout the under carriage. (even under where the FEL attaches to the chassis.)

Actually, the lowest clearance is at the very rear of the tractor near the 3 pt., but it is still well above 8" off the ground. Next time (if I can remember) I'll take some photos of the lowest spot and measure it with a tape.

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #5  
4110 is a 40 hp?2wd did not have this accumalator...the 4x4 with the brush hog fel did.they didn`t have a 4x4 with a mahindra loader on it.this was my turn off...if this was a dealer installed item they placed it in a very poor place.the brush hog rear support fel arms are bent to clear this gizzmo.thus giving aprox 8" of
ground clearance ...Sid

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #6  
So glad to hear you like your Mahindra. I have just recently purchased a 6000 4wd unit. Came with the Mahindra loader which is made for Mahindra by Great Bend. I have been very impressed so far. Have done alot of trail clean up and grading work and it has done a great job. It runs very smooth, quite, responsive with alot of power. I have done some very close work next to my pole barn clearing and grading and it has been very easey to operate the loader just inches from the building. Mahindra builds a very HD unit. The tractor frame and loader frame are very HD and made to, I hope, last for years.

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #7  
I'm not a Mahindra owner, so may be out in left field,,,but shiney gold colored linkage looks like draft control linkage to me. Does the tractor have draft control?

Dave

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #8  
5 cats = new Mahindra w/fel..hmm,sure wish you live a lot closer,for the next time I start dickering for a new Kubota. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ My New Mahindra 4110 #9  
Yea, the 4110 is 40 HP and mine (4x4) has that tank too.

<font color=blue>with the brush hog fel did</font color=blue>

Ahhh - I get it now. Didn't catch that the brand of the FEL was Bush Hog and the mounting was kindof a "custom" job - that's why it apparently isn't a good fit. Don't get me wrong - the Mahindra FEL does have some down sides that I don't care for, but it doesn't negatively impact ground clearance.

I found/attached an old pic I took that happens to show the tank you speak of along with how the Mahindra FEL mounds to the tractor. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 46-203932-DSC00014b.jpg
    46-203932-DSC00014b.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 284
   / My New Mahindra 4110 #10  
I purchased a Mahindra 4110 with FEL about a month ago. It is my first tractor. I really like it so far. The only problems I have had so far are an e-clip fell off of the loader, a retaining pin fell out of the loader and a couple of the loader nuts have worked loose. All very minor.

I had rented a Kubota L35 backhoe to level a spot to put of a large metal utility shed. It was used it 17.5 hours and I was still not done. It had a lot of trouble digging with the FEL, but it was the biggest piece of equipment I could rent close by. The ground was real hard because it had been so dry.

I decided I should look around for a tractor to buy because renting was not going to work for me. I settled on the Mahindra 4110. I purchased a tooth bar for the loader. It had no problem digging out the area the Kubota rental struggled with. I also purchased a middle buster plow, box blade, rotary cutter, and trailer to transport it. I only have six acres of land, but I have found plenty to used it for so far. Please share your experiences with the tractor.