Backhoe

/ Backhoe #1  

Ferrit

Tractor
B7100 4X4 HST
I am looking for a backhoe attachment suitable for
a Kubota B7100 4X4 HST.
I live on several acres of pit run and fencing is a pick and shovel affair.
Not really pleasant. If all i do is fencing and some ditching and drainage.
It will save me a lot.
I live in the Pacific Northwest.

/ Backhoe #2  
Something like a Woods BH6000 would probably be the right size. You would have to make your own sub-frame mounts though, I doubt woods has them for tractors that old.

/ Backhoe #3  
I can see your point of wanting to have one to do that kind of work. My question is by the time you bought one and had it mounted up could you have borrowed or rented one for the same amount? What part of the Pacific Northwest are you in by the way? It covers a fair bit of turf.

/ Backhoe #4  
I looked up your Kubota B7100 HST 4X4 and found that it is rated at 16 HP and 13 HP at the PTO with a hydraulic valve flow of 3 GPM. This really isn't a lot to work with concerning an addition of a backhoe attachment that runs off of your tractor's hydraulics however it may be possible that a small PTO driven self contained hydraulic system backhoe may just do the job. I doubt that you will find a backhoe that will subframe to your tractor so explore a 3-PT CAT 1 (as you stated) unit which will be far easier to find than the later.
Do read up on this forum's "attachments" portion, the pros and cons of backhoe to tractor connections-subframe vs. 3-PT as their are dangers you need to be aware of.
Also take your question to the Kubota portion of this forum and ask for other B7100 owner's input.
Good luck.

/ Backhoe
I can see your point of wanting to have one to do that kind of work. My question is by the time you bought one and had it mounted up could you have borrowed or rented one for the same amount? What part of the Pacific Northwest are you in by the way? It covers a fair bit of turf.

I am on Vancouver Island. I have a dealer close by that can build me the sub frame for around 500 he says
I dont think I can rent anything like that for the tractor and renting isnt really going to do it. I have to
replace all of the fence and add some new and some drainage

/ Backhoe #6  
There will be new backhoes [ sub-frame or three point ]
that will cost around six thousand dollars.:)

The tractor hydraulics should be able to handle a small backhoe [others have done it] as nothing else needs fluid when the backhoe is being used.:)

Do more talking with your dealer.:D

/ Backhoe
There will be new backhoes [ sub-frame or three point ]
that will cost around six thousand dollars.:)

The tractor hydraulics should be able to handle a small backhoe [others have done it] as nothing else needs fluid when the backhoe is being used.:)

Do more talking with your dealer.:D
Just checked my dealer the other day and the price is beyond reason.
Sort of why I was looking for some place to find used ones and such.

/ Backhoe #9  
Buying a used BH is like buying a used tank. Everyone I have ever looked at has been beat to death. I did find one that was ok one time at a auction. It was well used and had a few minor leaks. Went and checked it out the day before. It was a Taylor Made. You can get them for $4200 back then from the factory in PA, about a 4 hour drive each way from my home. Anyway it sold at the auction for $4000. I just laughed.

Chris

/ Backhoe #10  
the price is beyond reason.

I'll agree with you on that. And they are hard to find. I looked for one when I had the Kubota B7100. Only one I saw was six thousand dollars. Too rich for me.

Consider looking around for a used machine yours could be traded in for but again it will cost!

Also consider looking at Ditch witches as they may fit your situation.:)