Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

Default Re: jinma clone at local tool/tent sale

Thanks for the description,I'd almost buy one, too, after your fine report. Sounds like a Yanmar? Isn't that about the best compliment you could give? Course, I have a three cyl. Now, it probably didn't sound THAT good [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the objective review....

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

<font color=blue>"Thanks for the description,I'd almost buy one, too, after your fine report. Sounds like a Yanmar? Isn't that about the best compliment you could give? Course, I have a three cyl. Now, it probably didn't sound THAT good "

<font color=black>Yeah.. I guess that is about the highest compliment you could give a chineese tractor..

Honestly, I was expecting much worse, and poor workmanship / materials. I was pleasently surprised at what I saw.
    Heck.. they need to import a 40 hp version, and I would buy it.
    And yes. the 2 cyl deffinately had a chug chug/hammer sound that only went away at higher rpm.. sa I would expect.. as my 2cyl yanmar did. 3 cyl is much smoother.

Soundguy

"Heck.. they need to import a 40 hp version, and I would buy it."

40, 50, up to 70 HP are available now. Nice lookin tractors. They don't have the import/support history that the Jinma does but look very promising.

Vince

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Are these the dae dong &lt;SP?&gt;

any info on them?

Soundguy

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

Daedong is Korean - AKA Kioti, and OEM engine for Landtrac (long) soon Cub Cadet (I hear)

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

You might be thinking about Dong Feng (DF) which is another popular Chinese brand.

They're Futian. I don't have any real details yet. I think a couple of dealers have/are importing some for eval. I'm waiting to hear some feedback from them.

Vince

Yea a friend of mine down the road owns an Ford 8n and pulls (not very well) a 600 series universal disc with it, you know the one 6'er made out of 4" square tubing, he has a problem always loseing traction with it and has to pick it up and hit it again. He lent it to me to disc up a spot 50' x 100' for a garden in the back yard at my place with my Jinma 204, and I must say the Jinma out performed the 8n hands down, it never lost traction (4x4 makes huge diff) and just flat foot pulled that disc. Was using that disc on some hills around here that needed smoothing out and it had rained quite a bit and decided to hit them again with the disc to make it dry out quicker, man that jinma pulled that disc up a 45 degree+ hill that was wet which was already disc up the day before it had rained with no problem it would spin a bit on the steepest part but never lost hardly any speed and just happliy charged up that muddy steep hill. Let me see that 8n do that.

Pat

Tractor

Draft control may have helped the discing a bit, when it was loosing traction.. but that isn't the issue. I still think a brand new 4wd 20 hp tractor is going to have an advantage over a 50+ 2wd year old 26.5 hp tractor... and I love my 8N... just facing the facts...

Soundguy

I am not putting down on the 8n, it is just that when I looked at the trators around here when I was wanting to buy, the used 8n's, and comparible tractors where going for what I could buy the 204 brand new for. What I am compairing is "bang for buck". Sales types around here are real proud of their used equipment, esp. tractors. The newbe of the big3 was out of the question for me, so used is what I was looking at. Unless I wanted to go with somthing that was ragged out already I could not find a good deal on a used tractor. Most used compact 2w or 4w drive tractors range was $5000 to $8000 even the grey markets around here were around $4500 to $5000. So you do the math I picked up my 204 brand new with 2yr warrenty from a dealer (did not do crate) for $5800. To me a deal I could not refuse, I have about 36 hours on it so far and have been real happy with it's performance, had a few very minor issues with it at first mostly caused by my lack of expirance with this type tractor, all fixable by me at home. The 4x4 was a very big plus because of the hilly area I live in, was scared a 2wd would have had problems around my house. Part of it too is that my red 204 jinma is durn SEXY!! Atleast my wife thanks so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast