jinma clone at local tool/tent sale

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
There is a local tool tent sale occouring for the next 3 days ( starting tomorrow ), in our town. At the sale they are sopposed to have 2 tractors for sale, a 20hp and a 25 hp... the look like jinmas, though, branded with some different name. As I have never seen a jinma in person, I'm going to go take a look. The price seems unreal though.. the 20hp is listed at 2999.00... for new tractors.. etc.

I'll let you know what i find / see.

Soundguy

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #2  
Is it Chuck Homier Tools? That's the price quoted to me for a 2WD tractor. And if it is Homier then yes, they are Jinmas.

I think they are branded as "Farm Pro", not sure though.

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale
To be honest, i don't know. I saw a scrap of someone else's paper at lunch, and just saw the advertisement.

I didn't even get the name, but could very well be. It listed the smaller tractor as cat 0... bummer.. Is it hard to convert the cat 0 jinmas to cat 1?

All the 20 hp jinma advertisements ( northern equipment- nortrac tractors ) are already cat 1.. I wonder why this 20hp jinma is setup cat 0?

Do you have any info on this individual / outfit.. or his tractors?

Thanks

Soundguy

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #4  
<font color=blue>I wonder why this 20hp jinma is setup cat 0?</font color=blue>

They may not be buying models that have been spec'ed out for the US market, that would explain the price tag.

<font color=blue>Is it hard to convert the cat 0 jinmas to cat 1?</font color=blue>

No idea, head over to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://worldcrossing.com/WebX?13@77.T1M8b4Pmoq1^8@.eec20e0>CTOA</A> and ask Mike or Graham, they seem to know just about everything about these tractors.

<font color=blue>Do you have any info on this individual / outfit.. or his tractors?</font color=blue>

Just what's on his web page. Homier. My brother in law gave me a Homier cordless drill for Christmas (he's kinda cheap /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) that split the case the first time I pulled the trigger. Took it back the next time they came to town and they exchanged it and even through in an extra battery pack for my trouble.

It was at that time that I asked them about the tractor. The 20 hp 2wd was actually quoted as $4500 but like everything they sell is rung up for 25% less then listed price to help in the illusion of a bargain. The web site still doesn't show the tractor being available.

Sorry I can't be any more help. If you decide to look at it, could you let me know what you find out?

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #5  
3K would be an excellent price for a 204, even in crate form! Maybe it is not the 4 wheel drive model. Even then, its probably a very good price. If they have a 254 there, compare the two lift systems. The 254 should be cat 1. The two tractors should have a very similar frame and upper lift arms, in fact, thought they were the same, in this area. It might be a matter of just replacing the toplink, lower lift arms and some associated hardware. I would be interested in you comments, good and bad, after you check them out.

Ok, heres the scoop.. I went over to the sale this morning and checked out lall the tractors.. and yes it was homier.. and they were jinmas.
They had the 20hp 2wd models, the 25 hp 4wd and a 30hp 4wd model. 2999.00 5999.00 and I didn't catch the 30hp price.

I've read all I can find on the jinmas, but had never had my hands on one. I actually test drove the small one.

The outside sales guy was walking around telling people generic stuff abou tractors, and when he got to me, I got down to business .. after about 2 minutes of him not being able to answer my questions.. he started asking me questions.. and I actually had to show him how to use the high and low range on the xmission..etc...( and I never seen one before!... just common sense controlls, etc ).

Apparently they buy them in crate, attatch the fenders, wheels, and put gauges in them.. also add a bracket at the clutch pedal for ignition safety.... looked fairly decent.

Castings were not as crude as I was expecting... Out of the 5 tractors, only 1 had any visible leaks.. a drop of fuel at the bottom of the fuel bowl... but no puddle on ground.

I ran the small 2cyl. It started up and sounds about like my 2cyl yanmar.. hammered and roughish at extremly low idle, but comfterable at normal idle.

1st gear low range is super super super slow.....like I could drag myself across the pasture with my tounge faster than it.

No smoke.. looked good.

They were listed cat 0, but you could tell, the ends of the lower lift arms had been removed with a smoke wrench, and welded back on as cat 1.. polished the weld a little bit... not alot.. then hit it with some chassie paint... quick and dirty change... but heck.. that is what I would have done too.../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif.. especially on a 2999 tractor...

There was no sheetmetal.. all was fibreglas, smooth on the outside, but rought on the inside where it doesn't matter... cannopy looked fibreglass as well.. not sure how those hold up to vibration....

all rops were foldable.

All in all, beter than I was expecting. No bulging seals / gaskets with permatex squezed out, etc.

One thing though.. all the grease zerks had obviously been fresh greased... probably shipped ungreased. Looks like the plain honey colored axle grease. I am a bit preferable to the red peneplex grease for most of my impliments, and the blue NH grease on my nh 1920 and ford 8n. I only use the cheapo axle grease on the grey iron bearings on my 1950's era disc harrow.

A few of the grease zerks spit out a spagetti string of grease as if the balls didn't re-seat well.

Perhaps a complete re-greasing, and complete fluid change if anyone buys one.

Had I been in the market for another tractor, the Cheif financial officer had approved the 2999 tractor, and I had the credit card with me... All in all, I would have bought one, as i didn't see anything that scared me away.... actually the scarriest thing there was the sales man who knew nothing about them...

If you want more info, just ask.. I am just posting what I can think of. Also, they will be here for 4 more days so if anyone needs specific info, I will be glad to run into town again tomorrow and smell the tractors again.

oh yeah, offered a 6mo part/labor warranty.

Soundguy

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #7  
6K for an assembled 254 is a great price! Most dealers sell equivelent for 7K and above, but they will know something about the tractor /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. A traveling tool and tractor show, I guess you can't expect them to know how to operate it, much less fix and have spare parts. Their edge is price, not service. The fiberglass like sunshade hasn't had any issues for myself. I do use it to support a tarp during storage. Thanks for your comments. I know that I am happy with mine, but it is nice to see someone take an objective view of these tractors.

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #8  
yep, john, the prices are all real good. homier has not carried this line for a long time as far as i know. i bought one, remember! i just sold a 20hp 2wd for $4200. one thing to remember though guys,---homier can give you a warranty on parts and labor, but can you imagine trying to get repairs done through them?? imagine trying to get parts through them? they don't know one part from another, just like soundguy said, they don't know one piece or control from another. i'd stick with a dealer that will be there if/when ya' need them. way i look at it is this $$$ range for a brand new tractor? with live hydraulics and pto? the ole 8n's and 9n's are bringin more than that!!

<font color=blue>"this $$$ range for a brand new tractor? with live hydraulics and pto? the ole 8n's and 9n's are bringin more "

<font color=black>Yeah... I needed another tractor, and 3 months ago bought an 8n for 3k.. and had to do some minor repairs / parts changes / tune-up... and re-paint... Due to age of engine, etc.. probably onlt at 2/3rds of rated hp, which was 26.5.. so I would have done better with a new jinma for 3k, from a working point of view.

( But the old 8N does look good semi-restored in the barn sporting a wax job, and fresh paint /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

Soundguy

/ jinma clone at local tool/tent sale #10  
i just sold a 49 8n and just sold a jinma 2wd 20hp. that jinma worked rings arounf the ford! like ya' say, it was nice to go out in garage and look at the old ford, they were tough tractors, to be around as long as they have, and still be work horses. but the jinma impressed me, and was a lot easier on the nerves and a lot less foul language while operating! still up in air about getting into selling them, though. just concerned about parts, promoting chinese tractors in the area, and so on.