Strike in South Korea

/ Strike in South Korea #1  

Chipperman

Platinum Member
Hello
Can any tell me who, what, when, where, etc. What does this really mean and how will it effect the Korean tractor mfgs.
Thanks
chipperman

/ Strike in South Korea
Hello again
I was told that there is a major shortage of engines for Kioti and Mahindra. has anyone herd if that is true and if it effects any other mfgs (like Scropion or Milenium)?
Chipperman

/ Strike in South Korea #3  
don't really know how it will effect the korean tractor or car manufactures, wonder how it will effect the korean worker?is it possible that soon they might be able to afford the products they make/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif.

/ Strike in South Korea #4  
'is it possible that soon they might be able to afford the products they make"

Frank

lets hope so

/ Strike in South Korea #5  
Hmmm. I'd be very curious as to the source of this "information." /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

I did a little search myself (BBC, Reuters, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The Korean Times, The Korean Herald, etc.) and if there is a major strike impacting anything associated with the tractor industry, it is an extreemly well kept secret.

The only major strike I could find (in the news at least) was one currently associated with health care workers. There is information out there on some strikes in '96, '97, '01, and earlier this year (May/World Cup time frame), but I couldn't find anything else.

There were some blerbs about Kia and Ssangyong having some losses in the the 2nd (I think) quarter due to "protracted labor strikes", but nothing much more than that.

I'm not saying that there couldn't be a strike going on there right now, (maybe a Korean TBN'r could shed more light), I'm just saying "consider the source" when it comes to rumors like this - even if it comes from some "dealer" type (they aren't immune to passing "bad" info either.)

Personally I suspect the West coast longshoreman's strike would be a bigger issue in the short term...

/ Strike in South Korea #6  
Ranchman,I'm thinking that this Korean strike stuff is out of the "Kioti is pulling out of the US" camp......Mike

/ Strike in South Korea
Helo folks:
Thanks for the posts. I herd about the strike from two sources. And I have considered the source. I beleive their is some truth to it. I am just not sure which tractor company (or supplier) it is. And maybe it is over now. But I herd their had been no engines built for Mahindra for an extended period of time as well as having some type of impact on Kioti.
Who makes the Mahindra (compacts), Scorpion, Kioti and Millenium. An what engines are in them (I know Kioti uses there own engine)
Chipperman

/ Strike in South Korea #8  
<font color=blue> herd about the strike from two sources. And I have considered the source. I beleve their is some truth to it. </font color=blue>

Why? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

So far I haven't seen any evidence in the press or on any search I've done. (I'm not the best "surfer," but I'm not the worst one out there either.) I've searched on shortages or strikes associated with <builds Mahindra & others>, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.daedong.co.kr/english/index.html>Daedong <Kioti engines/tractors>, Mahindra, etc.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://billstractor.com/rmmah.htm>Some places </A>that sell Mahindras even claim on their web site that they currently have "all models" currently in stock and they are offering 0% interest and $500 back in October - /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Although it doesn't appear that there is a problem with supply - perhaps the various Mahindra & Kioti dealers can speak up and say if they've had trouble getting tractors. (Web sites can become "out dated" with regards to claims of availability, after all.)

Again, I'm not saying there is a 0% possibility there is some type of strike going on somewhere in S. Korea that is impacting tractor production. What I am saying is that I have seen no evidence of any strikes that have had an impact on any S. Korean tractor manufacturers. (Hearsay from 2 sources I know nothing about is not evidentiary.) Perhaps if a large # of folks who sell Kioti & Mahindra (and other S. Korean tractors) spoke up and said they've had a lot of trouble, that would be one thing, but I haven't seen anything like that yet - nor have I seen any articles after searching a wide variety of news publications from all over the world.

With that, I'm left to conclude that this rumor is:
(1) an extremely well kept secret that the media on multiple continents is either ignoring or ignorant of
(2) it is so far out of date, stories of it aren't even held in news archives
(3) your "sources" are not reliable (regardless of their motivation - e.g. they believe what they say or they simply wish to provide false information.)

I guess, for me at least, I'll treat this rumor as just that and pretty much ignore it until someone provides real and substantial evidence that there is some truth to it.