how or where to finance used tractor

/ how or where to finance used tractor #1  

bucktaker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
Hello
Trying to find a institution that loans money on used tractors.
My regular bank said no because I am not a commercial user. Credit score/debt ratio is not a problem I own my home but do not want to take a second or refinace.
Where do you guys go to buy all these tractors. If i cannot find a place I will have to buy new one :) I m in ohio

/ how or where to finance used tractor #2  
This probably won't help in the short term, but I would recommend establishing a relationship with a small local bank. I use a small outfit that has about 6 branches in the local 4 county area. They make decisions based on your personal situation and don't rely so much on numbers. Big banks do everything according to a formula and a lot of times tractor-type purchases don't fit their formula. I suppose you could get a "personal loan" but you'd probably pay big interest.
If you don't really want to buy a new tractor, you might look at paying cash for an older used one. Tractors generally hold their value pretty well if you keep them up so you could trade your way into bigger/better later and pay NO interest.
If you still want to finance a used one, you might consider CNH Capitol. They work with New Holland. I've never used them but I'm sure there are members who have and can offer their thoughts.
Good luck with your purchase.

/ how or where to finance used tractor #3  
Credit Union?

/ how or where to finance used tractor #4  
25% down and a lien on the tractor works at local banks here. Ken Sweet

/ how or where to finance used tractor #5  
I know you already said no to this idea but i use my Home equity line of credit and i only use it for equipment purcheses. so i keep it payed off before i buy another peace of equipment. this way i can just go wright a check for a use tractor and not worry with all the bull you go through at the bank.

/ how or where to finance used tractor
I have plans for my equity line of credit this spring. New windows and such stuff. I just was amazed at the local banks that said they did not loan on semi new tractors.

/ how or where to finance used tractor #7  
Banks are not loaning on much of anything currently. They are setting on about 3 trillion waiting to see what happens Nov 2. Ken Sweet

/ how or where to finance used tractor #8  
Banks are not loaning on much of anything currently. They are setting on about 3 trillion waiting to see what happens Nov 2. Ken Sweet

I'd say you're right. Banks are getting hammered by every regulator known to modern man, and some who aren't known by modern man. One agency wants them to open the flood gates and another is watching credit quality with a microscope. I know banks aren't popular right now, but you wouldn't believe what is going on in terms of regulation.

They are sitting this out right now and only lending to those who are qualified. Problem is that the people who want to borrow (not all) are higher risk, and the low risk people are mostly sitting on their cash and paying down debt, so you can see where this leads.

This too shall pass, but you will most likely never see the credit availability that was out there over the last 7 years. Going forward, it will be more normalized.

/ how or where to finance used tractor #9  
Have you tried any of your Farm Credit Inst. around your area. They mainly load money for tractor and farm purchases.:thumbsup:

/ how or where to finance used tractor #10  
I would find a small hometown local owned bank and start doing business with them to establish a relationship. I have the Presidents cell phone stored in mine ... if I need anything I just call and he tells me to stop in and sign when I get in town.

Farm Credit is also a good idea. What about just going to John Deere ... I think they have financing on used units.