Is your acreage enough?

/ Is your acreage enough? #41  
My wife and I decided about a year ago we wanted a place we could get away on the weekends (with four kids) without having to stay at a hotel or b&b. Our criteria was within about an hour from home. I started searching the internet and found a place that I couldn't believe. It's 21+ acres with a 3500 acre ranch on one side, a "much bigger" (per the appraisal district) place on two sides and the seller on the fourth, who was selling this piece to buy a small house in the town he and his wife worked so they didn't have to make the 90 mile round trip every day, since they were getting older. The rest of their land has been in the family for four generations. We jumped on it! Every time we go out, we can't believe how fortunate we were to find this beautiful place. It's set so far off the beaten path, the only man-made sounds you hear are an occassional airplane. Attached is only one of the spectacular views we have. The picture can't and doesn't do it justice. We are going to be building the "shack" (as my wife calls it) approximately where this picture was taken. I was out last week and heard the road grader working his way down the county road (dead ends next to my property). Hopped on the tractor and went out to meet him. He'd been working for the county for over 30 years and told me he always thought this spot was the most beautiful in the entire area. To answer the question about what's enough... I would buy any adjoining land in a heartbeat if it went up for sale, although 3500 acres would be out of my price range /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

Attachments

• 46-205130-00000005.jpg
    46-205130-00000005.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 87
   / Is your acreage enough? #42  
Looks Great!!!!
But you would have to be a REAL COWBOY to chase cows out of that kind of stuff if you bought the 3500!!!!!!!

/ Is your acreage enough?
That looks beautiful. You were smart to grab it. Now, where's the tractor in the picture? :)
-Terry

/ Is your acreage enough? #44  
Beautiful! I really like the area - we used to spend a lot of time on a 300 AC dear lease in Jonestown when I was a kid. I always wanted to buy some property up there.

/ Is your acreage enough? #45  
Just 6 1/2 acres but dreams of much more.......

/ Is your acreage enough? #46  
I bought 8.5 acres in a rural area north of philly (6 years ago). I picked up two adjoining lots for very little money (3 and 4 acre lot). Now have 15 contiguous acres adjoining 400 acres of state game lands. As with most parts of the country, real estate has sky rocked in value around here. Realtors and builders are after those two (separately deeded) lots. If I sell I make some $ but would hate the fact that I have houses behind me. Sitting on pot of gold I can't touch. Wife won't move either. I said I would like to move up to a larger parcel up north. She is not interested. Wives just don't get it when it comes to prospecting for more territory.

/ Is your acreage enough? #47  
I love having 12 acres, mostly for the privacy. I'm not a "people person".You've heard good fences make good neighbors, in my view, no neighbors make good neighbors.
Pros of being in the country:
-No dogs barking
-no noisey neighbors
-lots of wildlife to watch
-wife can run around naked
-get to pee outside
-I can make noise
-kids have lots of room to play

Cons:
NONE

/ Is your acreage enough?
cchoate:

PERFECT!!!!

/ Is your acreage enough? #50  
I love the peace and quiet of acreage. Its great except for that guy next door who runs a tractor all the dang time!
Oh wait. That's be me.