Is your acreage enough?

/ Is your acreage enough? #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
I bought 5 acres. It's surrounded by woods that can never be developed. Yet, I wish I had more. Do you wish/want more room or am I just being greedy?
-Terry

/ Is your acreage enough? #2  
Hi,

I only have 3.7...I wish I had more...

BUT...never say never...maybe you should buy some of that, just to be sure...you just never know...opps!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I just the "N" word myself! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bill

/ Is your acreage enough?
It's funny, when we looked at the propery and living in "the city" all my life I thought I had more room then I could emagine. Now, after clearing some of the land I wish I had more to "play" on. 'Course, more land means more taxes so I souldn't complain. Right??

/ Is your acreage enough? #4  
I also thought that the land next to me would never be developed ... as we moved in the developer emerged with plans in hand to develop 1700 acres next to our back fence ... the people in the area beat that down so that they will not pay for all the roads and intra structure now the Walmart folks also want to built a huge warehouse near that area with the promise of 600 $9.00 an hour jobs for the locals ... the truck traffic will be unbelievable on a nice little 2 lane road ... also this is a fragile area as we are sitting on a karst ... I ask all the right questions I thought ... however, some folks just didn't tell the truth ...

/ Is your acreage enough? #5  
I'd love to have more, as long as it wasn't open fields as the majority of mine is now. Too much work, but I guess that is tractor work, which is essentially play, right? More land can equal more tractors though . . . Hmm. Bill, I think we're on to something. You want more tractors? Buy more land!

/ Is your acreage enough? #6  
Even thou the locals beat the paying of the intra structure bill the developer intends to go ahead with the development as I understand ... Now who pays for the roads and Interstate interchange needed ... or how does the water and sewage get taken care of ? This is going to be interesting ...

/ Is your acreage enough? #7  
Terry

I have 6 acres but wish I had 600 !!

However we chose here as we have town water, bitumen roads, garbage etc.

So while we have some land we have the pros and cons of "suburbia"

I mean noisy neighbours, barkign dogs, motorbikes etc. etc.

But it still sure beats living in the city !!

Cheers

/ Is your acreage enough? #8  
Terry, I have 155 acres and am surrounded by 3000 acres in a land trust...yet still wish I had more. It never ends, I suppose.

We picked up some visitors in Burlington VT yesterday. On the drive in both my wife and I commented on how built up the city has become. On the drive home our guests commented on how much open land the city had. I suppose it's all in your point of view.

Pete

/ Is your acreage enough? #9  
I have three acres here and 19 more in Ark. I wouldn't want much more land. Only about 1000 acres with a house smack dab in the middle of it and high fence around it! It has nothing to do with greed as far as I am concerned. I just would like to have enough land that I could not see or hear the nearest neighbor.

/ Is your acreage enough?
Njrgs, Boondox, Chris and others,
I don't dislike people I just dislike people bothering me with their barking dogs, stereos and just plain ignorance. Right now when I shut off my tractor on my property all I hear is the birds. Call me weird but THAT is exactly what I bought my property for. If it means me buying the adjacent land to keep this bliss then I'll do it.
I have a feeling that most folks who own tractors are just like me.
I may be wrong.
-Terry