Thanks to all

/ Thanks to all #1  

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
I'd like to thank all the regulars for all the advice they take the time to post. I've been a sideline reader for months and finally dove in head first 2 weeks ago. I priced everything in my range, all colors, right up to the last minute. Used the net, phone and my Suburban to talk to many dealers. The dealer 8 blocks from my soon-to-be new home town gave me the best deal. I chose green, a 4310 w/ehydro to be exact. FEL and LX5 shredder too. I priced orange up until the last minute. Looking for more implements as we speak. Maybe I will have problems with all the electronic gadgets down the road, maybe not. I'm a manufacturing engineer by trade and can fix most anything. If I wanted a model-T , I'd would have bought an old tractor. My Sub has electric windows/locks and I use them and yes, I've had to replace the window motor. I like conveniences, including sliced bread. Anyway, we've got 25 acres on one side of town and 52 on the other. Plenty of projects ahead, land clearing, pond renovation, new home/barn construction. Its all fun right???
The dealer had a few recommendations when I was looking.
1)no one ever comes back and complains they bought too much HP.
2)If cutting around trees in tight quarters, pay the money, get hydrostatic.(I'm glad I did so far)
I must say I'm lucky because if I need a bigger machine, my father in law purchased a JD 5420 4wd w/power reverser the day before I bought mine. He too shopped everywhere and ended up with JD.

I can't say enough about the Dealer, I would recommend them to anyone. They have a no haggle price and don't care if you're the president or a nobody, same price to all and I must say it was lower than any I've seen posted, regardless of locale.
The Dealer is in Giddings Texas, Jaeger's is the name. The info is on JD's websight if you do a dealer search. Tell them Kyle sent you. I get nothing for leads.
Again, thanks to all for the info guys and gals.
P.S. I like all the funny stories of screw-ups. I promise to add mine when they happen.
Kyle

/ Thanks to all #2  
kyle: welcome to the forum. glad u are pleased with ur purchase. the jd is a fine machine. and am sure u will be more pleased with the hydo as time goes buy. keep us posted on your projects and ur likes and dislikes on your tractor

/ Thanks to all #3  
<font color=blue>I promise to add mine when they happen</font color=blue>

Ahh good to see an honest man.

Not if, but when !!!

/ Thanks to all #4  
<font color=blue>I chose green</font color=blue>

Me too! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Great choice on tractor. Looking forward to your posts.

/ Thanks to all #5  
Hey Kyle, welcome to the world of green./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I also bought my tractor at Jaegers, and I agreee with you 100 percent. They are great people, and the price is tough to beat. My salesman (Vic Wachsmann sp?) was very helpful, and still to this day calls me whenever there is a service bulletin, etc., even though I have moved out of their service area now. Really cannot say enough good about them out there in Giddings. Well, happy tractoring

/ Thanks to all
Yes, Vic was the salesman. Spent a good deal of time with me. Answered all my questions. I would like to say that at 1st , I was dead set on Kubota, but I found the only model that compared to the JD4310 HST was the 3010 and the new 3110. I got a last minute price on the 3010 and it was at least a thousand higher, comparing apples to apples. Plus, the closest dealer was over 30 miles away. Vic beat all their prices and sold me on his dealership in business since the 30's. They have an open area where you can go sit on and compare tractors any time you wish after hours, w/o a salesman. I hope time and hours spent on my 4310 prove it to be a great value.
Kyle

/ Thanks to all #7  
I think you made an excellent decision. Well thought out!
You should be very happy!