What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions?

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions? #1  

LoPresti Lawnscape

Bronze Member
Hi gang,

First time poster here. I am a Lawn Care Professional and am strongly thinking of ordering a 2320 mostly to drag a Ryan 48" Lawnaire Core Aerator around my customers lawns.

At some point I may add a slit seeding unit to my arsenal also.

I have a Pace 20 foot enclosed trailer, and got it with the 3500lb axles (wished I had gotten the 5000lb) but can anyone tell me what the 2320 and for that matter the 2520's weigh with no implements?

Also what is the lift capacity of the 3PT hitch on these units.

I have seen the info online someplace in the past but can't find it again.

Also.....what can I expect to pay for a 2320 minus taxes. The JD website claims about 13,000 and change. I have a big Deere dealer about 4 miles from home.

Great site. Been lurking for a few days. Thanks to the owners and mods, and to you all for any help you can be to me.

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions? #2  
As for weight, Tractor Data DOT com is a good place to look.

2320.....Weight: 1,660 lbs [752 kg]

2520.....Weight: 1,865 lbs [845 kg]

for values, it is sometimes suggested to check Tractor House DOT com for current prices of similar models.

Also

Welcome to TBN

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions? #4  
The jd2320 weighs 1660 pounds with rops, standard tires and all fluids.
The jd 2320 3ph will lift 1150 24 inches behind the link arms. And it will lift 1430 pounds at the link ends.

You want to be careful about which tires that you would use for lawn work. I'm told the R4's are too aggressive.

You would ask between 5 and 15 percent off list price.

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions? #5  
the weigh of the tractors or about 1700 lbs on the 2320 and about 1900 lbs on the 2520

and the three point hitch is about 1500 lbs lifting wieght on both tractors

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions?
As for weight, Tractor Data DOT com is a good place to look.

2320.....Weight: 1,660 lbs [752 kg]

2520.....Weight: 1,865 lbs [845 kg]

for values, it is sometimes suggested to check Tractor House DOT com for current prices of similar models.

Also

Welcome to TBN

Thanks Yoop. I am from Michigan also. Ann Arbor area.

TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors says a JD2320 has a shipping weight of 1,660 lbs and the Class 1 3ph will lift 1,433 lbs at ends and 1,150 lbs at 24". It says the 2520 weighs 1865 lbs.

Edit: Dang yooper1, looks like we posted within a minute of each other! :D

Thank you Mace.

The jd2320 weighs 1660 pounds with rops, standard tires and all fluids.
The jd 2320 3ph will lift 1150 24 inches behind the link arms. And it will lift 1430 pounds at the link ends.

You want to be careful about which tires that you would use for lawn work. I'm told the R4's are too aggressive.

You would ask between 5 and 15 percent off list price.

Thanks RagKar. I do plan on getting turf tires. I know it sounds extreme but I'd also love to chrome the wheels. lol

I should have no problem hauling this around then so that's cool.

The aerator weighs 700lbs

I'd love to get the deal for 12,000.

I hope they will deal. I had a JD 757 mower for a while (sold it) and got a smokin deal in Ft Wayne Indiana as my local dealer wouldn't give me a price anywhere near what they did down there.

I always felt bad when I had it serviced there with another vendor sticker on it too....lol

the weigh of the tractors or about 1700 lbs on the 2320 and about 1900 lbs on the 2520

and the three point hitch is about 1500 lbs lifting wieght on both tractors

Thanks who.

/ What does a JD 2320 weigh and a few other questions? #8  
I have a 2320 and it weighed 1705 pounds stock. I added Rimguard liquid ballast to the rear tires and it is now just over 1900 pounds without any attachments mounted. A good rule of thumb for pricing a JD tractor is to take the configurator price, subtract 10-12% and add tax. This is a pretty close ballpark for an average deal on one of these machines. JD has narrowed its pricing gap between retail and minimal price on many compacts and thusly the deals now might not be as good as three-four years ago in relative terms based on percentage discount. This, of course, can vary based on dealer and location, but the 2320 is a pretty popular machine and has probably a lower margin so the lower end of the scale may be more applicable. I got about 14% off retail when I bought mine, and felt I achieved a solid deal.

As for the tractor, I have been very happy. It would have no trouble in my mind doing your desired task. There is endless debate in the JD forum about the benefits of going to a 2520/2720 instead of a 2320. Everyone has an opinion, and here is mine: the 2320 does about any non-pto job almost as well, if not as well, as a 2520. Pulling things, etc. It can lift off the three point the same amount of weight and has very close loader lift ratings also. Where the 2320 falls short of the 2520/2720 is in high output PTO work such as brush cutting, etc.. For this reason, JD specs it with slightly smaller PTO attachments. It is rated for a 4 ft rotary cutter; the 2520 5'. The 2520 offers a 72" mower option; the 2320 62", etc. The 2320 loader SPEED is slower than the 2520 because it lacks a dedicated pump for the implement, but I have found the loader fine for my use. Otherwise the machines are pretty close. I believe the three point lift capacity is 1150 pounds or so on both. As for overall weight, my 2320 weighes around 3100 pounds with a 200cx loader, I match and 2048 box blade attached, so your trailer would work fine. I mow with mine and a 54d mower and R4's (which, as mentioned, are loaded) with no ground damage whatsoever. The tread pattern on the 2320 R4's is a tad less aggressive and not as squared at the edge of the tire v. a 2520, so it likely would not damage finished lawn.

My opinion is the 2320 is really nice machine. I have owned multiple JD tractor style products from garden tractors up to a 4520, and I enjoy using my little 2320 as much as anything I have used. It is much stronger than I thought it would be. For me personally, I wanted a small, maneuverable tractor that was big enough to do some real work but easy to haul and fit in tight spaces. The 2320 fits the bill. It is my opinion, and has been, that the 2520 and 2720 are machines that are priced too high for what difference they offer over a 2320. Having used both a 2520 and a 2320 I can say without doubt that there are some things a 2520 does better, but more things in which the machines are equivalent. With the cost of the 2520 and 2720 one can almost begin looking into the 3000 series machines which are quite a bit more heavy-duty than the 2000 series offerings. I personally think you would be happy with a 2320 if you keep in mind the limitations I have noted.

John M

Thanks John for the detailed post.

I definitely plan on getting the turf tires for several reasons. One is that with the turf tire you get more of a flotation action with less compaction of the turf and being that core aeration is one of the main uses for the machine, that's important. The turf tire has a larger footprint that spreads out the weight of the machine overall.

At this point I don't anticipate using it much on bare ground although I would like to possibly do some new construction grading, and seeding in the future but I'm pretty sure the tractor with 4WD will go through whatever I need with turf tires.