Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: JD 5075E vs Kubota M7040SUD

Quote Originally Posted by Builder View Post
    Ahh, I didn't see where he was looking at that base model. My bad.
    Probably not a bad idea to compete with the impending barrage of chinese tractors.....
    I did the same thing initially; never heard of the SU and had to check their website, but it looks like a good basic open station machine.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    kubota m8540hdc12 jd 2305 jd 4005 jd 5055e

the build you're own say's 27,080 msrp. that's for the 7040su.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040SUD

I was just reading another thread on the kubota M7040SUD and I realized that I never posted the outcome of my decision on this thread. I decided to go with the Kubota. There were a few reasons for it. I liked the features of the Kubota a little more. It had a mostly flat platform, foot throttle, generally nicer overall appearance, and telescoping stablizer bars. I also liked the 4cyl engine the kubota a bit more than the 3cyl of the JD. On the JD, that engine was the same one used in the 5e series ranging from 45 to 75 horsepower. I find it odd when the same motor is used in tractors with low hp to tractor with almost double the hp. Seems like a bit of trickery.

I'm very pleased with the Kubota. I live in Wisconsin, and I've had no trouble with getting it started, and it has not block or coolant heater. It has good power and nothing seems cheaply made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -068-jpg  

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations, very nice looking tractor, sure like the cast wheels.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota M7040SU 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mdelmarcelle View Post
    I was just reading another thread on the kubota M7040SUD and I realized that I never posted the outcome of my decision on this thread. I decided to go with the Kubota. There were a few reasons for it. I liked the features of the Kubota a little more. It had a mostly flat platform, foot throttle, generally nicer overall appearance, and telescoping stablizer bars. I also liked the 4cyl engine the kubota a bit more than the 3cyl of the JD. On the JD, that engine was the same one used in the 5e series ranging from 45 to 75 horsepower. I find it odd when the same motor is used in tractors with low hp to tractor with almost double the hp. Seems like a bit of trickery.

I'm very pleased with the Kubota. I live in Wisconsin, and I've had no trouble with getting it started, and it has not block or coolant heater. It has good power and nothing seems cheaply made.
    I looked at the same 2 tractors that you were concidering, and also chose the Kubota. For me it was the 4 cyl vs. the 3cyl with a turbo. I also liked the Kubota dealership a lot better than all the JD dealers I talked to.

Have fun on your new beast and be safe.

Charlie
    M7040 SUD,
    LA1153 FEL
    Rino 272 Shredder
    Land Pride 6ft Box Blade
    Hay Spear

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040SUD

Quote Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
    I looked at the same 2 tractors that you were concidering, and also chose the kubota. For me it was the 4 cyl vs. the 3cyl with a turbo. I also liked the Kubota dealership a lot better than all the JD dealers I talked to.

Have fun on your new beast and be safe.

Charlie
    Nice to know someone with the same machine. I see you have a box blade. Do you find that your tractor can handle the 6 foot box blade pretty easily?

Tractor
    Kubota M7040SU 2010

Yeah the BB works fine......as good as the operator. Took quite a bit of practice and a lot of help from the guys here at TBN, but I can at least operate it and not tear up everything in sight.

I was a little intimidated when I just put 30 yards of rock on the driveway. It came out real nice. I just went slow and took my time. We're now ready for a muddy spring.....if we ever get some rain.

Charlie
    M7040 SUD,
    LA1153 FEL
    Rino 272 Shredder
    Land Pride 6ft Box Blade
    Hay Spear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12