Buy American!?!

/ Buy American!?! #11  
I'm all for made in USA products. I wish there was a made in the USA tractor company. One of the problems is if a company wanted to start a made in the USA tractor MFG company where would all the resources come from? What name brand diesel engine would be used that is built in the USA? What company would supply the transmissions and final drive units? What company would supply the front axles?

If someone shops the international trade sites and see how many China Business to Business trade sites you can find such suppliers that make such parts as engines, transmission, final drive assemblies and other parts for tractors. That is way you see so many tractors brands from China that all looks the same because the suppliers for such parts sell to any company that wishes to get in the tractor building business.

In short, where are the USA resources for components used to MFG tractors? Where are the USA diesel engine mfg's? Where are the USA MFG's that make transmissions for tractors? Where are the USA MFG's that make tractor final drive assemblies? Where are the USA MFG's that make frontend axles assemblies?

/ Buy American!?!
I agree Ductape, this has been beat back and forth. But the problem is, what are the options?

Foreign-owned, but built in the U.S., and you have U.S. jobs, with money cycling back into our communities, with a portion going out country to the foreign owners. U.S. owned, but built elsewhere, we have a few rich guys (company managers and some American stockholders making money, but not much of that cycling in our economy; especially if they invest in foreign capitalization. And services don't export like material goods do, so conversion to a service economy doesn't correct our foreign trade imbalances.

We don't hear much about trade imbalances with Japan or Korea because the revenue flow isn't as lop-sided as it is with China, and in Japan's case, they're still effectively paying war indemnities from WWII to us.

/ Buy American!?! #14  
I think most of the Case Farmall I just bought is made in the US. The engine isn't but the cvt trans is. I find more made in USA tags than anything. Also some Canadian parts.

/ Buy American!?! #15  
Does anyone know what types of tractors Kubota builds in Gainesville?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

when you make a comment like this, please say what state you mean since there are more Gainesville's in this country. Last I checked, they only sold Kubota in Gainesville, Fl - not manufactured them - although Orange is a popular color ... However, there is a 151 acre Kubota facility in Gainesville, Georgia - though red & black are more popular colors there.

/ Buy American!?! #16  
I had a guy argue with me over the internet that everything made in China was junk and how he owns nothing made there. I asked how he could be on the internet since every computer has parts made in China.

unfortunatly i have to buy steel tubing from china, the quality is just as good as usa.

/ Buy American!?! #17  
This is a tough one. I remember a few years back USA Today did a story on auto's. At that time 83% of the man hours and parts for the Honda Civic were in the US. They are assembled right down the road from me here in Indiana so that made them the most American made car.

As far as trucks went at that time they just did the 1/2 tons and it was the F-150, Tundra, Titan, GM, then the Dodge. Again, the Tundra is assembled in Indiana.

Indiana makes lots of cars. We have final assembly plants for Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Hummer, Carbon, and a few other smaller ones.

I know this is not tractors but it shows you just how hard it is.

Chris

/ Buy American!?! #18  
Those ranch hand tractors look just like Mahindra's to me. Only a 1 year warranty?

Sam

/ Buy American!?! #19  
Based on the new government policy recently announced to use inflation to devalue the US dollar to increase jobs by make our exports cheaper and to reduce imports to help our negative trade balance it may be easier to see by price increases what tractors are more imported than others.

This government plan of action should be shot in the arm for used dealers or new dealers with a lot of quality inventory.

A standard shopping list one firm runs at Walmart each month showed for Sept a 2.1% price increase. Some of that was due to higher food prices and so much of other goods are imports.

People will NOT buy American because WE forced the companies to move off shore in the beginning.:mad: We demand the lowest price period. I know a few try to buy American made products but the number is too low really make much impact.

I announced yesterday at our general staff meeting if you plan to buy any imported goods and have the cash to do it then do it now based on what I was reading.