Buy American!?!

/ Buy American!?! #1  

Dr_Zinj

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
Many, hopefully most, of us are concerned about patriotism and supporting American businesses and workers. However, most of us are also pretty pragmatic and we'll go were we think we can get the best deal for our money.

I don't think there is a single, U.S. manufactured tractor where all the materials, components, and sub-assemblies are 100% American made. Heck, even John Deere gets their engines from Japan.

So the real question is, what percentage of that retail sticker price for any tractor stays in America; and how much and to what country does the rest go? I've tried digging through a few annual reports, and searching the web without any luck. Anyone know, or willing to say if they do know? Sources for figures would be nice too.

/ Buy American!?! #2  
The problem isn't the little guy{buyer} being patriotic, it's the corporate power forcing their hand in the game of cards we are playing. The corporate power goes were they can gain the most, and we the buyer are forced to go were we can get the most. In the end who wins???

/ Buy American!?! #3  
I do not know on that. I do attempt to buy American made stuff even if it costs more. When I can not find it in American made then I start selecting what country it was made in. I feel real burned when I find only made in China. Nothing against the people of China, but what is going on vs. real fair trade, and standards of living.

/ Buy American!?! #4  
Not all John Deere CUT's have the Japanese engines. The 4120,4320,4520, and 4720 use an American-designed and manufactured JD PowerTech engine. Although all parts are not made in the USA, buying one of these is about as close as you can get to an American-made CUT. If your needs are less than 46 hp, then you are in trouble when it comes to American-made CUT's.

/ Buy American!?! #5  
My question is what is more helpful to the USA (1) goods made in America but the companies are owned by a non-U.S. corporation --- or --- (2) goods made with non-U.S. parts but sold by a U.S. company?

For example, what helps the USA more ... a honda made in Ohio or a Ford made in Mexico?

In reality, it is all a mixed bag and it is hard to figure it all out.

MoKelly

/ Buy American!?! #6  
What's more important to you, built in the US or built by a company that's based in the US? Often people argue to buy GM car over a Toyota even though the GM model they are looking at was built in Canada while the Toyota is built in the states.

Does anyone know what types of tractors Kubota builds in Gainesville?

/ Buy American!?! #7  
This has been beat to death too many times here. :confused2::confused2:

/ Buy American!?! #8  
This has been beat to death too many times here. :confused2::confused2:

I had a guy argue with me over the internet that everything made in China was junk and how he owns nothing made there. I asked how he could be on the internet since every computer has parts made in China.

/ Buy American!?! #10  
BXs, ZTRs and RTVs Also Loaders and BHs for other models.

...and if you go to the KUBOTA OWNING OPERATING section right now ,youll see a link ,with a tour,showing just how they are made.
[sorry dont know how to show a link,im not to computer savy:)]
ALAN