Buying Advice mold board plow for kubota bx 2360

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #1  

mrleiby

Tractor
kubota bx2360
Anyone got any advice for a mold board plow? I have about 2 acres on my property that I would like to plow under and make into a garden/deer plot. Any suggestions?

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #2  
Get a tiller!!!!! About 40" would do and two trips over at the most and your done!

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #3  
I know the plow would be cheaper, but I second the Tiller!

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #4  
Also if you get the plow, you probably will have to get a disk and maybe a harrow.

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #5  
JD makes a nice single bottom plow for their X-700 series that would work fine, and perhaps Linebach, etc. has one too.

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #6  
I personally like the idea of plowing first. Especially if it's ground that hasn't been worked.
The plow can find large rocks that could destroy a tiller.
I found one such rock in my new garden area. 2 1/2 feet in diameter and 3 1/2 inches thick.

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #8  
i would go with a 12 bottom plow, the smart farmer has them for 365.00 . best price that i,ve found.

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #9  
I believe it would be faster with a roto tiller than to plow and then disc 2 or 3 times to prepare a seedbed. We sell the New Phoenix 40 inch for $1395 which is not going to be much more $ than a plow and a disc harrow. Ken Sweet

Afterthought: Has anyone ever plowed a 2 acre field with a 12 inch plow? How long would it take?

/ mold board plow for kubota bx 2360 #10  
I believe it would be faster with a roto tiller than to plow and then disc 2 or 3 times to prepare a seedbed. We sell the New Phoenix 40 inch for $1395 which is not going to be much more $ than a plow and a disc harrow. Ken Sweet

Afterthought: Has anyone ever plowed a 2 acre field with a 12 inch plow? How long would it take?

I'm a firm believer in rototillers when at all possible.

First time tilling will be 2 passes at most, thereafter will be one pass for planting.

I only have an 8 inch plow I got off of Ebay, but I ran it twice, then switched to the cultivator.........ran it thru 3 times............wifey said............let's get the tiller.

All in all.........3 hours on the small plot, with the plow and cultivator......and less than expected results.

Bought the Bush Hog tiller..............1 pass and was ready to plant. About 20 minutes time.

But be sure to read my posts above about the rocks(boulders) that I found...........could have destroyed a tiller.

I should also add that this was a small plot.............60X100 or so.

Hope this helps.