Compact tractor with highest road speed ?

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #1  

wbyman

I own a NH tc30 with 30 hp and want to upgrade to something in the 35 to 40 hp range. I have about 10 miles between food plots and I don't want to buy a trailer. Which compact tractor has the highest top speed ? It woud be nice to find one that would go 20 plus mph. Thanks !

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #2  
I'm not aware of any late model compact tractors that have 20 + MPH capabilities. I think some of the older Minneapolis Molines would do that. The Ford 8N or 9N with a Sherman overdrive would do better than 20 MPH. We called the fords with the overdrive "Amish Ferarris". Either one of the above mentioned machines would be a considerable downgrade from present.

A good tow bar might do the job after verifying no damage to your drive train with towing. If HST, tow bar is out. I sure wouldn't want to go fast with a tow bar, but I would think 20+ would be achievable.

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #3  
i would wont to tow any tractor down the road behind a pick to much to can go wrong that could cost more to fix than a trailer would cost

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #4  
You will wear your tires out for no good reason! Get a trailer.

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #5  
Tractors are just NOT built for speed... handling and brakes are crappy enough at the 13mph... buy or rent a trailer.

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #6  
i would wont to tow any tractor down the road behind a pick to much to can go wrong that could cost more to fix than a trailer would cost

When I was growing up on the farm, we often had no truck or trailer to haul a broken tractor, so towing was the only way to get them to the shop. I sure won't recommend it and won't do it now.

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #7  
Just get a trailer. Even getting a cheep trailer would be better than driving it...

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #8  
I use my NH tC- 29 to bush hog on my farm and it is a 5 mile ride ..I average 12 to 13 MPH and it takes me 20 minutes. I will not buy a trailer since it would take me 20 minutes by the time I hooked the trailer up to my truck and chianed it down..by that time I would already be at the farm and working...I don't like the 20 min. ride but it beats wasting the money and time with a trailer ..JMO

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #9  
Yea, I drove mine 5 miles instead of putting it on a trailer. It was fine except for 0.2 miles, I worried about dieing in a wreck... too many trucks on that section. If it was all back roads, that would be different.

A farmer got hit by a car with a trailer... car came up on the tractor too fast and he didn't think about the extra weight of the trailer... the farmer was fine, he had a big sub-soiler on the back which destroyed the drivers radiator... Could have easily been a death.

/ Compact tractor with highest road speed ? #10  
The JD 3x20 series with R1 - AGs or large R4 or R3 Turf seems to have a top speed of 18 - 19 mph.