Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #1  

wbyman

Does anyone own or have opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 = 2 wheel drive tractor ? Looks like a good basic tractor to me. I will be upgrading from a TC 29 fwd tractor.

Last edited:
   / Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #2  
Will you miss the extra traction of fwd?

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55
I don't think so , sincer it is a larger tractor with larger tires. I mainly mow and work clover food plots. I guess no one owns one of these tractors.

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #4  
good basic tractor. nice setup. very simple. transmission upgraded to shuttle shift from the old TT-A series. Wk 55 will handle a 8 foot shredder, round bales on the 3 point nad loader if you have a loader. Motor is a nice 4 cylinder turbo. plenty of power. over all it is a good working machine. simple

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #5  
I like it and the Workmaster 75, both seem to be very good value for the money.

I agree that the traction provided over your TC29 would obviate the need of 4WD on the WM55, which is another 4 thousand or so.

I may buy the WM75 myself.

Sam

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #6  
Looking at a Workmaster55 to replace my TC35A. Does anyone know if there is a kit to replace the upright exhaust to one that points down. My concerns are tree limbs catching the upright exhaust in the woods, not to mention said tree limb releasing and coming back at me.:confused2: Thanks.

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #7  
no there is not a kit for the muffler. what we do, and is cheaper, just have a muffler shop cut you a perferred lenght of pipe and attach to the muffler. works jsut fine and saves you money. our local shop charges us $25.

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #8  
Ok. Thanks jb.

/ Opinions on the New Holland Workmaster 55 #9  
I know this thread is old but messicks sold me the exhaust kit that you can get from new holland to point your exhaust down.