Bolt on Forks?

/ Bolt on Forks? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Is there such a thing as bolt on forks, if so does anyone know where they may be purchased.
Thanks
Frank

/ Bolt on Forks?
HI,

Do you mean palet forks for the loader?

I have some that sort of clamp on the loader bucket...but they will not work when the tooth bar is on.

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Bolt on Forks? #3  
I just bought a 3pt pallet fork attachment. There are clamp on loader attachments, but the capacity its less than a 3pt. Here is a link that shows an example of a clamp on: http://www.carverequipment.com/images/Clamp - on Forks.jpg
I am using my 3pt forks to palletize my firewood. I can fill a pallet board about 4ft with green maple firewood and still lift it with a B7500 Kubota. I tie wrap it with plastic fencing to keep it together. Now I only handle the firewood once when I cut it and once when I bring it into the house. I'm starting to like this tractor more every day.

/ Bolt on Forks? #4  
Yes there are bolt on pallet forks, they clip to the lower jaw of your loader,
then you ether tighten a bolt or wrap a chain around the bucket.
Check around you local tractor or equipment dealers. Just about everyone
I talked with had or could get ether type of forks.

I personally didn't like the bolt on type an chose to go with a unit
that replaced the loader bucket. It was about the same price as
the clip/bolt type. I chose to go with the Woods model 20 A forks
but there are other brands but becareful make sure the forks are
solid not hollow...

See attachment:

Attachments

• 46-205951-ForksVII.jpg
    46-205951-ForksVII.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 159
   / Bolt on Forks? #5  
There are also some which have sleeves at the top which fit over a bar. The bar is attached to the top edge of your bucket via a couple of hooks. The back of the fork assembly rests against your cutting edge when you lift a pallet or tilt it back. The only negative with these is you can't angle the forks downward unless you attach the lower section to your cutting edge.

/ Bolt on Forks? #7  
Here's some pics of some forks I made out of some scrap steel I had laying around. Total cost about $15 in materials and strong enough to use with the capacity of my loader (800 lbs)

Attachments

• 46-206029-forksonbucket.jpg
    46-206029-forksonbucket.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 199
   / Bolt on Forks? #8  
closeup view -

Attachments

• 46-206031-forkscloseup.jpg
    46-206031-forkscloseup.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 181
   / Bolt on Forks? #10  
My skills don't extend quite THAT far! My next project though is to build a bolt on extension to my loader bucket. Plan on adding about 18 inches more to the bottom with sides. Should about double my volume capacity and will work well for moving my piles of mulch, leaves, and horse manure. and hay bales. The stuff is light enough that I won't exceed my lifting capacity and I should be able to do it all out of some scrap 1/4 inch plate steel my brother in law has laying around. (Gonna take some torch time to cut though......)