Deutz Allis 5215?

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #1  

SteveM

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100DT
There is a Deutz Allis 5215 for sale on the classified section of TBN, and it happens to be located 10 miles from my house! Any comments on this tractor? I understand that some (all?) D-A diesels are air cooled....other than increased noise, what does this really mean to the user?

I currently have an older Kubota that is also listed on TBN classifieds - looking to move up in size/weight. Thanks for any feedback before I broach the trade-in subject with the seller.

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #2  
I wish I could access the classifieds. There's probably something there I'd be interested in.

The Deutz from what I understand is an excellent engine, just not as common here as in Europe.There they power everything from small equipment to cranes and military vehicles. Here you see them sometimes used to power air compressors, light plants and pumps. GM once offered Deutz engines as option in their medium duty trucks. In the early eighties there was an adaptor available to mate the Deutz up with the Chrysler A727 transmission. The engines have been around a long time and within each family of engines most of the parts are interchangeable between the 3, 4 and 5 cylinder versions. In the air cooled engines, the entire cylinder is replaceable.

From what I've seen parts shouldn't be a problem in most areas. The used tractors seem to be priced lower than equivalent hp tractors of the better known makes. That may have been a phenomenon based on the manufacture, i.e. just the JD name alone jacks up the price where farmers are JD partisans.

The Deutz engines obviously don't need a radiator and water filled cooling system, so you have less potential problems. I suggest you go to agriculture.com and ask about the tractor in the equipment talk section to see if there's any known problems. You should get more responses there since there's more farmers running big iron who post on that board.

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #3  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://classifieds.tractorbynet.com/>The classified button is on top of your screen...</A>

are you having problems getting in...?

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #4  
These are Japanese tractors,not German. I think either Toyosha or Hinomoto powered,around 15 hp or so if I remember correctly. I'd check on parts availability first,before buying.

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #5  
Deutz-Allis 5215...
46-206083-DeutzAllis5215.jpg

DETAILS for TRACTORS from DEUTZ-ALLIS
Model = 5215 4WD

SPECIFICATIONS
Years Mfg: 1986-1989
Fuel: D

Engine Make: HINOMOTO

CID: 61.2

Engine HP: 15 PTO
18-E
Cab: ROPS
No.Speeds: 9/3
Weight(Pounds): 1,593

List Price: $8,720

PRICING
Year Ad Price Est.Loan Value
1986 $4,273 $2,820
1987 $4,447 $2,935
1988 $4,534 $2,992
1989 $4,709 $3,108

Auction Results
DEUTZ-ALLIS 5215 $4,100.
Condition: G Auction Date: 0302002 KENYON

~~~

Attachments

• 46-206083-DeutzAllis5215.jpg
    46-206083-DeutzAllis5215.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,160
   / Deutz Allis 5215? #6  
John, I've never been able to access the classifieds. If they were set up like the forums, it wouldn't be a problem. The extra level that has to be loaded locks my computer up every time. I can get to the level that shows the categories and the number of listings. Beyond that it's a no go.

From what I've seen there's only 160 tractor posts, so why have the extra level? I wonder if there wouldn't be more listings if the process was simpler.

I've been looking for something about the size of a Kubota B7500. The problem is all I want a used Kubota with a mmm. Everything I've seen anywhere has a loader which drives up the price. I expect to pay a fair price but I'm not buying a machine with attachements I'll never use. I don't have a problem traveling. I'm in West Virginia and I've bought equipment out of NY, NJ and Northern Virginia.

This is a great site and obviously gets a lot of traffic. It would be nice if the classifieds could be arranged so us old computer fogies could access all of it. I don't mind spending thousands for a piece of equipment, but Bill Gates can go perform unnatural acts on himself before he gets anymore of my money.

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #7  
Darren:

unnatural acts....well thanks for that mental visual I'm ruined for life now

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #8  
Steve ,I have a Duetz-Allis 5215 , which I purchased last year . It has helped me clear my 20 acres, and is unbelievable on what it will do , for only 18 hp ,which is a toyosha diesel . On the bad side , I have spent many hours on the internet trying to find parts .I think I would look for another tractor ( one I know I could get parts for ). There is Hinomoto , Massey , Bombadier and one or two others that have Toyosha diesels , and everyone seems to be looking parts or info. on these tractors . If it wasnt for this, I would never try to steer you away from this tractor .

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #9  
Steve the diesel is also water cooled.

/ Deutz Allis 5215? #10  
Hi, dafull, let me welcome you to TBN!

If you look at the dates on the previous posts, you will find they are more than ten years old. The OP was last on in 2006.

Last edited: