Nervous about buying

/ Nervous about buying #1  

jamtuc

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I just ordered a L3400 today. With QD Loader and backhoe. I am wondering if I did the right thing now. I guess I am looking for some moral support as I am starting to get cold feet. ( maybe I should have got a cab with A\C and Heat:eek:) My wife is wonderful she told me to just go and get it. I love my wife. Still am nervous if I did the right thing I have about 9 acres total. I have thought to myself at least ten times this summer .....I wish I had a backhoe. Now that one is on the way I am torn up like a jar of kraut.

/ Nervous about buying #2  
Just wait until you have the tractor. Get it out in the field and using it and all will be well. Just be careful and safe will you are learning how to use it!

/ Nervous about buying
My wife just came in the room and ask me to make sure the tractor was big enough for what we needed...........holy smokes I never thought about that....The L3400 is a little over twice as much power as I have now with my B1700. Hmmm :confused2:

/ Nervous about buying
I always try to be as careful as possible. Espeacially on new stuff. The angleometer built into my butt is way more sensitive than it should be. I get nervous on even small side slopes.

/ Nervous about buying
Compact how do you like your backhoe? Was it worth the $$$$

/ Nervous about buying #7  
I just ordered a L3400 today. With QD Loader and backhoe. I am wondering if I did the right thing now. I guess I am looking for some moral support as I am starting to get cold feet. ( maybe I should have got a cab with A\C and Heat:eek:) My wife is wonderful she told me to just go and get it. I love my wife. Still am nervous if I did the right thing I have about 9 acres total. I have thought to myself at least ten times this summer .....I wish I had a backhoe. Now that one is on the way I am torn up like a jar of kraut.

So was this an impulse buy? Or did you really, really think hard and clearly about the jobs you need a TLB like that L3400 to do for you?

If you answer yes to the first question, then kill the deal.
If you answer yes to the second question, pour yourself a beer or two and stop worrying.

/ Nervous about buying #8  
I love my L3400, It has lots of power and traction now with loaded tires, and 750 lbs of concrete filled 55 gal drum on the back.:):). seems almost unstoppable, You didnt say what you wanted to do with your new tractor, but I bet it will fill your needs well. It sure was essential on a pretty large dirtwork project this summer on ground so steep, I needed the seatbelt to stay in the seat, and even then usually put my left foot on the upright loader post to keep from sliding towards the steering wheel. The L3400 not only could get up and down this slope, but also spread and work the dirt. And this is with R4 tires! It will also push over or pull over some pretty good size trees. Oh mind you not 10 inchers or anything like that, but a 5 inch tree is sure not safe from the 'bota"thumbsup: And the loader and hydro controls are silky smooth, fast and work like a dream. I think you will like it a lot.
James K0UA

/ Nervous about buying #9  
My wife just came in the room and ask me to make sure the tractor was big enough for what we needed...........holy smokes I never thought about that....The L3400 is a little over twice as much power as I have now with my B1700. Hmmm :confused2:

Relax brother:) You did just fine. You will not regret your choice. They have improved the pto coupler mechanism and it is quite a bit better. it is quite a capable tractor. study and learn pto adjustment and it's mechanism.

good luck:)

/ Nervous about buying
Yes I have thought about this for over two years now. So I guess I will go ahead and have that beer.