Tractor Sizing TC33 or TC35

/ TC33 or TC35 #1  

tedwawrzyniak

I am trying to figure out whether I should buy a New Holland tc33 or a tc35. It will be used for wildlife habitat management activities. We would be pulling a 6 foot disc (3 point) and a 5 foot john deere press drill (its fairly heavy). There is some soft sand and it can get a little wet at times. The discing is between planted trees. We have anywhere from 5 to 20 acres of trees to maintain at any given time. The press drill is used to put in food plots. We plant about 20 - 25 acres of these. Some are very small half acre plots in tight spaces and some are as large as 5 or 6 acres. I am concerned that the tc33 will not be heavy enough. I think it will have plenty of horsepower, but I just don't want to buy more tractor than I need. I would also not be opposed to looking at a different brand of tractor. We have used my uncle's John Deere 4410 and that seems to work fine, but based on the information I read, the 4410 is about 500 pounds heavier than the tc 33 and about 300 pounds lighter than the tc35.

Any advice will be appreciated.

/ TC33 or TC35 #3  
Go with the TC 35. I have used a TC 33 a lot, and I own a TC 35. You will need the extra weight.

/ TC33 or TC35 #4  
Sounds like size may be a factor for you. If you prefer the size of the TC33, you could ballast it to get it heavy enough to do the work needed. I have a Mahindra 3215 and it is about the same size as the TC33. I have it ballasted to right around 5000lbs. That weight includes the loader and box blade.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

/ TC33 or TC35 #5  
I think lift capacity(both 3 point and FEL) is the critical comparison. I am constantly at the lift limits(both front and back) of my TC45. If the drill is a 3point, that may be an issue that settles it.

Chris

/ TC33 or TC35
It sounds likme the way to go is the TC35. Yes, I do have some smaller areas I need to get into, but I suppose I can always use an ATV for those areas. I think I will regret not getting the bigger tractor since the larger areas will be 95% of the work. Thanks for the help!

/ TC33 or TC35 #7  
Ted if you need some extra dollars for the TC35, I'd pay $1 just to hear your last name pronounced.;):laughing:

Seriously, :welcome: to TBN. We hope you'll come back to TBN often and show us your progess. We like photos of tractors and people doing stuff with them.:thumbsup:

/ TC33 or TC35
I can do that! I take lots of pictures of the work we do.

Also, pronunciation is Warziniak. Of course that is the very "Americanized" version. The Polish pronunciation throws everyone off. :laughing:

/ TC33 or TC35 #9  
You didn't mention the TC40 for comparison. A few more HP, about 50 lbs heavier, a half quart more in the cooling system, maybe a pint more oil in the crankcase, 130 lbs greater 3-pt lift capacity but best of all a four cylinder engine. Based on my 2002 operator's manual.

/ TC33 or TC35 #10  
Beat me to it. 'Course, Jinman might bring up just getting a TC45...

You didn't mention the TC40 for comparison. A few more HP, about 50 lbs heavier, a half quart more in the cooling system, maybe a pint more oil in the crankcase, 130 lbs greater 3-pt lift capacity but best of all a four cylinder engine. Based on my 2002 operator's manual.