need help deciding

/ need help deciding #1  

oldboyscout

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello,
I'm new here but not new to tractors, but hoping all your experiences can help me pin this down.
I have 2+ acres with a horrible driveway 500 feet long with a very steep spot in the middle. need to do small general "landscaping" as well as driveway maintenance and snow removal. need to mow about a half acre with trees.
Had a Satoh s650G which was great except for the steep driveway with snow. I bought a Ford 1210 (similar to Kubota BX2360 in size/weight) in HST/4WD and thought my problems would be solved. But then I found for sure that weight and size is EVERYTHING in a tractor/loader.
I'm looking at a Kubota B2920, Kubota L2800, NH T1520, and a used NH TC30.
The long 0% financing is enticing, but I know my dad and grandpa would tell my I have more money than brains if I spent that much money.
I'd greatly appreciate any advice

Last edited:
   / need help deciding #2  
I am not familiar with the NH models mentioned, but of the two kubotas, I would go for the B2920. My personal preference would be a B2630 or B3030 for the added features.

I prefer to pay cash, but there is an ongoing, often heated debate on this.

/ need help deciding #3  
I prefer to pay cash, but there is an ongoing, often heated debate on this.

That's an understatement!!! ;)

When we bought our Kubota we had the cash. My wife asked about financing and was told it was 0% for 48 months. She took it. She then bought a CD with our cash. Each month she makes the payment out of general operating money. She gets a gleam in her eye just talking about it. She's drawing interest on our cash plus increasing our net worth each time she makes a payment. She's all happy. And in my World when the Financial Manager is happy, everyone is happy!!! :)

My Starter Wife would have never understood that. She would have blown our cash and struggled with the Kubota payments. Life is good here in the Green Hills area!!! :cool:

/ need help deciding #4  
dont know much about the B series kubota but i do know that the NH T1520 is a good stout tractor and is capable of doing anything you would need. it has good hydraulics, and a good 3 point lift capacity. and the whole body is metal not fiberglass. just an all aroudn more durable tractor. no issues.

/ need help deciding
Yes the NH 1520 is a real tractor, and it's only about $800 more than the B2920. But i'm afraid it'll be to big around my woods

/ need help deciding #6  
That's an understatement!!! ;)

When we bought our Kubota we had the cash. My wife asked about financing and was told it was 0% for 48 months. She took it. She then bought a CD with our cash. Each month she makes the payment out of general operating money. She gets a gleam in her eye just talking about it. She's drawing interest on our cash plus increasing our net worth each time she makes a payment. She's all happy. And in my World when the Financial Manager is happy, everyone is happy!!! :)

My Starter Wife would have never understood that. She would have blown our cash and struggled with the Kubota payments. Life is good here in the Green Hills area!!! :cool:

Sounds a lot like my world.:laughing:

/ need help deciding #7  
never used the Kubotas mentioned, but have used many other models and all are good tractors. My BIL has a tc30 and that little tractor is a beast. I don't think you would go wrong with either brand if you get the size you want.

/ need help deciding
How tippy is a b2620? I'm talking about dropping 1 wheel in a deep rut or hole, diagonal slopes, that sort of thing.

/ need help deciding
I'm really leaning toward the B2620 for maneuverability, but the L will hold so much mor tire ballast that it may be way more stable. Any thoughts?

/ need help deciding #10  
My personal preference for pure stability are the BX and L. You can increase the stability on cross hills with the B by adding spacers, but the B just feels too tippy to me. You can't always go by "feel" though, so someone who uses a B regularly can give you much better advice. My L5030 seemed tippy, but use has proven it to be quite stable.