Comparison Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #1  

Trowell and Trimmer

Tractor
Mahindra 2816 Hst
Hey just joined, want to buy a New tractor, been reading for a few months and It seems I find more complaints about Kioti than Mahindra. The only thing I notice is that the kioti is about 500 lbs heavier.the other specs compare up nice with a little more load/ power / lifting/ pto hp on the Mahindra. The Mahindra is also considerably cheaper with the attachments that I want about 5 g's or so. The dealer at Kioti has insisted the fel design used reinforced tube steel where the breaks used to occur on older models.(Lots of threads/ complaints) I Quoted orange and green as well, and they were much more than Kioti Quote. I am also concerned about leg room I am 6' 1' tall. I will be doing future landscaping/ gravel, trees, trenching, loading, snow removal/ ect. I was also scoffed at by other landscaper buddies as they say a bobcat and an escavator are superior. I know there are a few more steps with a tractor, But I am pretty pumped about the versatility it provides. How do these things function on slopes as well? what are your thoughts? Cheers.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #2  
I can't comment on the Kioti as I have never used one. I have a Mahindra 2615 which is essentially the same tractor as the 2816 and a friend has a 2816. The little Mitsubishi made Mahindras are great tractors.

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #3  
Hi, I have the Kioti CK30, same machine/frame as the CK27 but different engine. I am also 6'1" and there is plenty of room for me. The seat does slide forward/back and the steering wheel tilts to make more room. I only tip the scales at 180 so I am not very large. I have the old style loader that could crack. My loader had the reinforcement bracket put on before it cracked and I have never removed it so I don't know if my loader is cracked or not. The new ones, the ones that the tube goes all the way through the loader arms, don't have the issue. They didn't put a hole in the middle of the tube which is where the cracks come from. Biggest issue I have with the Kioti is the hydaulic cylinder seals leaking. I have heard that rebuild kits from Kioti are in the $200 range per cylinder. You can get the seals online for about $23 per cylinder.. includiing shipping, and from all reports they are better seals than the one's Kioti provides. Except for the seals, it has been trouble free and I would do it again... although I might look harder at an equivalent Mahindra next time around. Good luck with your choice, I suspect you couldn't do wrong with either. The key issues for me come decision time would be, Dealer and Ergonomics of the tractor. A good dealer will make the difference in keeping the machine running well and you happy. If the machine is not ergonomically comfortable for you to spend hours on.. you won't want to. This is what eliminated Kubota for me, I was not comfortable on it with where the controls were located.

HTH

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #4  
I'm very happy with my Kioti. Not surprised to hear it's 500# heavier, it's parent company Daedong builds supertankers.

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #5  
both are very nice. I have a Bobcat ct230 which is a Kioti ck30 hydro with a Bobcat US made loader , weight adj cushion seat and rear remotes. 150 hrs so far so good. I tried the Mahindra 2815, 3510 and 2810. All were great machines. The reason I went with Bobcat was because the dealer was closer, had a good rep, and beat Mahindra, Montana, Kioti and NH by $2,500+ . Just like now Bobcat was offering free loader +rebates + 0% fin... My way over thinking actually paid off for a change.

Look closely at the dealer, test drive into a pile of dirt (try not to smile while test driving or you loose haggling power:()

I believe you will be happy with either.

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst
so it sounds like no one is opposed to kioti or mahindra. Looks like its up to me to drive them now and compare comfort level. I will be posting all the pics and mods and such as I am pretty pumped about being a tractor owner. too bad it snowed while I was shopping I had to rent a bobcat s130 but had fun stacking some fast alpiney snow.....we usually get mushy slop here.... don't want to get greedy with that loader.:cool:

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #7  
Both tractors are good machines. The best thing is to sit on the tractors and try to get a feeling just how the tractor fits you.
Is it comfortable to sit on, are all the controls in a comfortable location for you to reach, is the HST pedal comfortable for you to operate? Have you thought about getting top and tilt hydraulic cylinders for your 3pt hitch? "TnT" sure is nice to have if you are going to be doing much grading at all. The Kioti has the option of 2 factory rear remotes:thumbsup: which would work great for a "TnT" setup where as the Mahindra only has an option of 1 factory rear remote.:(

To me, with what you listed for things that you will be using it for I would be leaning towards the Kioti and I am a Mahindra guy. (have 2 of them) Hard to beat having some weight under you when you are doing dirt work and snow removal. Trust me in this, LOAD YOUR TIRES, it literally is night and day difference in the capabilities of the tractor.

None of this is any good though if the tractor is not comfortable for you to sit on. Being comfortable on the tractor would be THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me, no matter what brand you are looking at.

Just my opinion, I hope that some of this will help you in your search. ;)

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #8  
Hey just joined, .....I will be doing future landscaping/ gravel, trees, trenching, loading, snow removal/ ect. I was also scoffed at by other landscaper buddies as they say a bobcat and an escavator are superior. I know there are a few more steps with a tractor, But I am pretty pumped about the versatility it provides. How do these things function on slopes as well? what are your thoughts? Cheers.

T&T,
Hello from just across the chuck in Blaine. Hope you're enjoying the freeze ;' >

I can't address your brand issues, as I bought a used orange. I was not actively shopping tractors at that point, but when this unit showed up at a garage sale down the road I couldn't help myself. What made me do it was that it (B20) came with and was factory engineered for a backhoe. Digging stumps *IS* fun!

If backhoe (trenching) is in your want list, give this serious consideration in you model selection in that the wisdom of the list seems to read that the wrong backhoe setup can trash your tractor pretty easily.

As to your question about function on a slope, I would strongly suggest you spend a lot of time in the "Safety" section of this forum. Paul Simon wrote a song about 20 ways to leave your lover. There are even more ways to kill or maim yourself with a tractor, and operations on a slope play into a good many of them. It can be done, but....., educate yourself as fully as you can prior to doing it.

Regards and welcome to the tractor world,
Dennis

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst
Thanks for your replies, I have put a deposit on a 2816 hst mahindra, an ml106 loader, He had a great deal on a smaller aftermarket back hoe, but I went with a mahindra 3710a backhoe frame mount extra 2 foot 3 inch dig depth. loaded tires, industrials, a Braber 5 foot rear Blade. Hooks welded on the buckets, A 7000 #tandem axle car trailer , and an m2 canopy. I also like the warranty and the 3 range hydro trans.I saved over than $5000 and was treated way better than the other dealers. what can I say, I will post pics and keep y'all updated thanks Again!!

/ Mahindra 2816 hst vs Kioti ck27hst #10  
Congradulations you have bought a great tractor. I am jealous of the BH:) Enjoy!