Ford 2000 - Buying decision ???

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
I have a chance to buy a Ford 2000 with a rear scrape blade thrown in for $1,500.00 ..It looks OK...the seller says it runs good and has no problems..I have only seen a picture so far..It is a seller who is only a few miles from me so it is not a Scam...I have no experience with a Ford 2000 - Gas not diesel and I would leave it at the farm for just bush hogging.

Any thoughts appreciated...thanks,

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #2  
I have a chance to buy a Ford 2000 with a rear scrape blade thrown in for $1,500.00 ..It looks OK...the seller says it runs good and has no problems..I have only seen a picture so far..It is a seller who is only a few miles from me so it is not a Scam...I have no experience with a Ford 2000 - Gas not diesel and I would leave it at the farm for just bush hogging.

Any thoughts appreciated...thanks,

3 or 4 cylinder ethier way it is cheap just the 3 cylinder is abetter tractor

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #3  
My neighbor has one, it's a nice little tractor. It has the Ford bucket on it and has pretty fast/strong hydraulics. If it's anywhere close to being in decent shape i would say $1500 is definitely a good price for you to buy it.

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #4  
I had a 3 cylinder gas model Ford 2000 from the early 70's. The bottom half of the gas engine was identical to the diesel engine. That was a good strong tractor for its size. Bushogged plowed and disked many acres with it. The 2000 was a base model tractor so be careful about what features it has. My uncle bought one without a differential lock and regretted it several times over the years. It is a 60's model and he still has it after over 20 years though.

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #5  
Where I live, western NY, a decent running 2000 with good rubber brings $3500 + all day long. I wish I could find one for that price.......

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #6  
i agree... don't matter 3 or 4 cyl for 1500$. if it runs good.. get it. don't msatter if it is non power steering and 4 spd trans and trans pto.. if it is in good condition.. that's good money.

soundguy

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ???
Where I live, western NY, a decent running 2000 with good rubber brings $3500 + all day long. I wish I could find one for that price.......

Thanks for the info...but he sold it before I could get there...
i agree... don't matter 3 or 4 cyl for 1500$. if it runs good.. get it. don't msatter if it is non power steering and 4 spd trans and trans pto.. if it is in good condition.. that's good money.

soundguy

Soundguy...Thanks, I had emailed the seller and we were all set on the $1,500.00 price and he was onlly 20 min. drive from me but would not let me come until the next day which was yesterday...So before I left to go pick up the tractor I called him to verify the directions and he told me he had already sold it...Nice Hug ? geeeez..:(

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #8  
happened to me a while back.

told the guy iw as at work all night and would be there in the morning to buy it.. called me back later and it was sold. oh well..

soundguy

/ Ford 2000 - Buying decision ??? #9  

Same deal here. Buy it if it runs. You can fix some small issues or give it a field restoration and still be ok on it.

Next time tell him you are coming over right now with cash.

Chris