Comparison JD 5101E vs NH TD5050

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #1  

minterk

Tractor
TD 80D
I am trying to get a good comparsion on these two tractors. I currently have a open STation NH TD 80D and i like it... so i am very familar with the TD series tractors. I went and test drove the Jd and there is somethings i like alot about the JD but really wouldn't know without using it everyday. The economy PTO, self leveling loader, and the power reverse all seem like really nice options that i am not used to so i dont know how well they would work. I mostly use my tractor for moving 6x6 round bales around and shredding with my FR-15 Rhino Shredder. I am worried about the JD being a little bit light weight. It just doesn't seem that it is as heavy built as the NH TD 5050...but does have a few more bells and whistles. How well will the JD move 1800 lbs bales around without weights or another bale on the back? Does it seem stable when moving around with jsut a bale on the front? I move quite abit of hay around yearly so this is important info for me cause i like to get the job done in timely mannner. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #2  
I was also looking at these 2 tractors and bought the NH TD5050. I prefered the fancier more modern Deere, but like you I had many round bales to move about and the extra weight of the TD was a deciding factor. The price and financing was a lot better on TD also.

My TD has the self leveling loader and wheel weights, but no filler in the tires. I can handle the round bales with no problems and don't add anything on the back. I had planned to fill the tires but have not see the need yet.

Moe

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050
I apprecaite the reply. It is a hard decision on these two tractors. Also, My local dealers are pretty close in price on the two.

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #4  
where are you located minterk?? here is what we have foudn in comparing these two tractors........3 point lift on NH is 5,025#.....Deere is 3,213#

tractor weight is a good 1000# heavier, (more weight for loader work is good)
hydraulic flow on the NH is more.....25.6 NH.........Deere.....22.5
NH has a longer wheelbase 91.8 compared to 85"..better ride
there are a few other things but these are a few of the bigger differences.

NH 0% APR for 72 months too!!!

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #5  
Here's my take I have a JD 5103 and move 6x6 bales all the time I've never had a need to use any rear ballast and only a couple of times had the rear end get light. Never enough to lose either traction or braking. As far as 3pt lift how many people need to lift a 5000# implement (large farm maybe). Anyway dealer support is most paramount to me. Of course I'm somewhat biased toward JD or Kubota.

Good luck on your purchase.

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050
I am located in east Texas. Yea it is a hard choice on these tractors. Nh wins on those then jd wins on horse power and the power reverse..

Thanks for your reply

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #7  
Hi, I have a TD5050 with 4wd and just love it. I bought it new in June. We have about 150 hours on it. I had the dealer put a TL830 NSL loader on it along with loading the rear tires and also added 3 wheel weights (110 lbs. each) per side on the rear wheels. 2 remotes, 12x12 shuttle. This tractor was put on the dyno and put out 97 PTO! We have used it to move large bales of hay, pull 14ft disk harrows, 4 bottom mounted kverland plows, 2 row corn chopper, etc... and also have a Farmi JL601 winch mounted to it for logging, therefore the 5000 lb. lift comes in real handy. It will pull four (4) 16 inch, dba, hard maple trees at once! In my opinion, it will out pull, work, and perform the JD5000 series easily along with being more stable with moving bales and so forth. We built a forestry cab along with a custom built graple bucket for moving logs and large rocks. This tractor is a beast! 4 cyl. turbocharged and intercooled. Pretty sweet. It has the 16 gpm pump on it also. I had a 2008 4wd TD80 prior with a TL820 loader. This tractor is a nice step up from the TD80. For the money, I would go with the TD5050. My rig weighs in at about 13,800 lbs with winch, loader, ballast, graple bucket, tire chains-front and back, and steel forestry cab. Also, the controls are all easy to locate and operate. I would buy another one anyday! Any questions, email me.

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #8  
I know nothing of the NH TD5050. I've had NH in the past and they were great tractors so I would tend to believe that the TD5050 is as well.

I do have a JD 5101E and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about it. If you do a search, you should find a thread I started last year reviewing mine that might help in your decision making.

As for hay, mine has the 553 loader. The tractor has filled rear tires adding about 1500# total. I've calculated the tractor to weigh roughly 10,000# without a rear implement. The loader is not self leveling, but that isn't a problem at all as there is a bent bar that tells me when it's level. I've never wished for self leveling. I have horses and move hay around often. My bales are about 1600# and my tractor has absolutely no issues at all with them. The tractor is very steady and not bouncy at all even with the load on the front. The only issue I have is that the 1600# bales are so large that it is hard to see in front of me when driving with them.

I've used the loader extensively moving soil. I would imagine a full bucket of soil is heavier than the bales I use and it has worked flawlessly in that arena as well.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #9  
FYI, according to tractor data.com the weight of these two tractors is identical. 7320# when both are 4wd and a cab (optional on the NH). They only list the lift capacity for the NH. Wheelbase is 6" longer on the NH. Power is essentially the same, very slight nod to the JD.

/ JD 5101E vs NH TD5050 #10  
FYI, according to tractor data.com the weight of these two tractors is identical. 7320# when both are 4wd and a cab (optional on the NH). They only list the lift capacity for the NH. Wheelbase is 6" longer on the NH. Power is essentially the same, very slight nod to the JD.

tractor data is not correct. you can look on JD website and get the weight and then on NH. they are incorrect. i have also noticed other thigns on there with different models of all brands that are way wrong.