Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235

/ Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235 #1  

jonathana12

Hello I had a few questions hope that some one can help. Im a farm contractor and during the months of September through December we pick wine grapes in gondolas. We are curently using Kubota L2800 tractors to pull the gondolas. We rent the tractors from a person who rents out tractors. But we are now thinking about purchasing 10 tractors for the 2011 picking season so we dont have to rent anymore. I have been looking ten new ct235 bobcats or 10 used L2800 kubotas. The kubotas are 4 years old. Price wise i have the means to get the new ones or the old ones. I just wanted some opinions on what you guys think. This would be my first time owning and type of tractors. I tries to give all the details but im sure i missed some please feel free to ask me any question. Thanks any response would help.

/ Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235 #2  
Hello I had a few questions hope that some one can help. Im a farm contractor and during the months of September through December we pick wine grapes in gondolas. We are curently using Kubota L2800 tractors to pull the gondolas. We rent the tractors from a person who rents out tractors. But we are now thinking about purchasing 10 tractors for the 2011 picking season so we dont have to rent anymore. I have been looking ten new ct235 bobcats or 10 used L2800 kubotas. The kubotas are 4 years old. Price wise i have the means to get the new ones or the old ones. I just wanted some opinions on what you guys think. This would be my first time owning and type of tractors. I tries to give all the details but im sure i missed some please feel free to ask me any question. Thanks any response would help.

Apparently you have been using the Kubotas and are familiar with them. Have you tried on of the Bobcats? I'm sure the Bobcat is an excellent tractor but I would hate to buy ten of anything if I wasn't a little familiar with it.

/ Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235 #3  
I am partial to Kubota's myself. But if you are going to buy 10 of any of those I think that they could sweeten the pot for you by offering a service package to keep them running strong. Either free oil and filter change or chrome lug nuts. :D

/ Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235 #4  
Are you going to get any of them with loaders???

I'll assume not and since you are strictly pulling but the bobcat loader does outperform the kubota loader by a little bit.

But I'll ask a few questions here

Does the 2800 have enough weight/traction and power to do what you need effectively???

If so, why are you looking at the CT235??? which has more power than the 2800. The CT230 and 225 are the same tractor as the 235, but with a little less power and more than likely cheaper. The CT225, 230, and 235 (which are all the same frame size) weight about 400lbs more than the 2800, which will give it a tad more traction if that is an issue.

But since it sounds like you wont be doing any loader work, or PTO work, either tractor is going to perform about the same for your needs. And both are great tractors. I would recomend testing one of the bobcats and see how you like the egronomics. And go with the one you like cause either will get the job done.

/ Kubota L2800 vs Bobcat Ct235 #5  
Comparing the 2 brands kinda like apples and oranges,just depends on your needs/comforts.

I would think if you purchase same brand model it would be cheaper maint. items,swapping attachments,do it yourself labor.