My New Baby

/ My New Baby #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Attached is a picture of my new baby- actually my 16 year old son Jim named it "Beast" as it is quite a bit larger than my Ford 2120 that I've had since 1987. Having had tractors all my life starting with a Ford 8N when I was less than 10, this is quite a step up. 75hp, turbo, heat air, stereo- hey my old body needs a break. PS I still have the 2120 and he calls that one the baby.In the next post I have a picture of the Woods quick attach forks on the loader. Both machines are set up to share the same Quick attach implements. ( I only added the quick attach to the 2120 about 3 years ago, I wish I had done it when I got the machine)Andy

Attachments

• 46-208583-AndyTN75D1.jpg
    46-208583-AndyTN75D1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 133
   / My New Baby
Here's a picture of the Woods Quick Attach forks

Attachments

• 46-208584-AndyTN75D2.jpg
    46-208584-AndyTN75D2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 126
   / My New Baby #3  
I like it! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I have a TN 65 and I love it. Tell us TN people a little about your backhoe. Does it have a subframe? I see and hear about the backhoes on compacts all the time but I haven't heard about or seen any for a TN.

/ My New Baby
I'm glad you like your TN. Actually I fibbed a little. I had a TN75S with the Woods hoe for about a year. the machine had serious computer problems so New Holland replaced it. At that time I decided that SS was not for me so I got the D model. The Woods 1050 backhoe is not a subframe mount. In talking with both New Holland and Woods engineering, a subframe is not required on a machine as heavy as a TN. I had backhoes on my 2120 and 1710 previously and both were subframes. I wouldn't run a 3pt backhoe on a compact. The connection to the TN is via several very rigid pieces of steel bolted together. There is almost no way that anything can move because of the triangles created . I looked at numerous hoes before selecting the Woods. It is quite strong, and uses hydraulic cylinders for swing so that it can push rocks and soil quite well with the side of the bucket. It will dig over 10' deep and so far I've pulled out several large oak stumps and rocks larger than 2 car engines. Earlier I had been asked about clearance between the cab and the backhoe. There is plenty, I never even know the cab is there. It's just too bad that I can't use the hoe from with in the cab when it's cold or rainy....

/ My New Baby #5  
very nice looking tractor, seems like you could do some serious work with it. could use that hoe for some things i would like to do. can't justify the cost . so i may just have to rent one.

/ My New Baby
Thanks,I couldn't justify the cost either, but finally I decided to go for it. (With a rebate & New Holllands long term financing). Yes it can do some serious work. On my farm where I am planning to build my house and barn, the majority of rocks and stumps were just too large for my compact to move. In many cases I did things to get them to move that put me in dangerous positions (..see I used safety as one of my arguments to myself to justify it )., I ws also really tired of plowing a 1/4 mile driveway in a wet cold snowstorm on an open tractor (I admit it was fun when I first got my tractor, just to be able to move those hugh drifts) This is also intended to be our last tractor. I've had compacts since 1983. I also hire myself out ocassionally and can make enough to make the payments.Andy

/ My New Baby #7  
ANDY: with 75 acres, and the things u need to do, and the 1/4 mile drive don't think u needed to justify the purchase. what i meant was that for me with only 9 acres and the few times i would use the hoe, it is not practicle for me. sure would be nice to have tho/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ My New Baby #8  
Thanks for the info. A backhoe attachment just might be my next investment.