Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Howdy! I'm looking for some more specific specifications for a new NewHolland workmaster 55.
    I've got what they have on their site and I've googled for more but I'm having trouble.
    So if you have this machine could you help me out? Or direct me to a place to get more details?
    I'm needing to know the engine compression ratio, how many fuel filters and where it's located. Fuel consumption, other fluid capacities, msrp etc.
    Thanks for your time and help!

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    491
    Tractor
    all new holland

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    where are you located? i have a few WKM 55 in stock. you want a price on 4x4 or 2wd? Engine compression ratio is 22:4:1........there is onlyone fuel filter locatd right on the right side of the motor. easy to get too. All ther filters are easy. not sure on exact fuel consumption, but the 4 cylinder turbo motor that is in it, is a good one, and a tank of fuel will last you a long time. Fuel tank holds, 13.5 gallons......cooling system hold 10.5 gal.......engine oil is 7.4 quarts......rear axle and transmission,.......6.6 gallons......if it is 4x4 the front axle holds.....8 quarts......anything else you need to know, let me know

  3. #3
    Elite Member smstonypoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,967
    Location
    SC (Upstate) & NC (Piedmont)
    Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnh View Post
    ...cooling system hold 10.5 gal.......
    Huh? Gallons or quarts?

    Steve

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    491
    Tractor
    all new holland

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    quarts sorry, i am doing to many things at once....haha

  5. #5
    Elite Member smstonypoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,967
    Location
    SC (Upstate) & NC (Piedmont)
    Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnh View Post
    quarts sorry, i am doing to many things at once....haha
    I thought so. I have a TN55 that holds 2+ gallons and was trying to figure out why the Workmaster would require so much more coolant.

    Steve

  6. #6
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    587
    Location
    Thumb, Mich

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    From a design perspective fuel consumption would be in the vicinity of 1/2 pound per horsepower hour. Given that, 100 hp engine output for one hour would use 50 pounds of fuel. If fuel is 7 pounds per gallon you would have just over 7 gallons of fuel used.
    The Opti-Mist

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Kernopelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,680
    Location
    Carterville, Illinois
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Quote Originally Posted by Opti-Mist View Post
    From a design perspective fuel consumption would be in the vicinity of 1/2 pound per horsepower hour. Given that, 100 hp engine output for one hour would use 50 pounds of fuel. If fuel is 7 pounds per gallon you would have just over 7 gallons of fuel used.
    7 Gallons per/hr? I have never owned a 50 horse class tractor but if it burns that much fuel, I'll probably never own one. My 24 horse tractor will run all day long.....and I mean 7-8 hrs at 2600 rpm on 5 gallons. I guess I'm spoiled AND naive, I would never have guessed it's fuel consumption would even approach that.
    Darryl

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Thanks so much for the info!I'm in Oregon so a bit too far away. However, this is homework for now too. I'm comparing two tractors of similar sizes to see which one is better (or at least which I think is better).

    So if it's not too much trouble for ya, the last few things I need are:
    Turning radius, the msrp for the 2wd model (new). Is the steering wheel adjustable?
    Number of control levers for the hydraulics. Oh yeah, recommended fluids for the hydraulics and motor and can the gears be changes without using the clutch? Lastly, what is the recommended oil change intervals.
    Thanks again, it's much appreciated!!!! Ryan-

  9. #9
    Elite Member smstonypoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,967
    Location
    SC (Upstate) & NC (Piedmont)
    Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Quote Originally Posted by PDXRyan View Post
    Thanks so much for the info!I'm in Oregon so a bit too far away. However, this is homework for now too. I'm comparing two tractors of similar sizes to see which one is better (or at least which I think is better).

    So if it's not too much trouble for ya, the last few things I need are:
    Turning radius, the msrp for the 2wd model (new). Is the steering wheel adjustable?
    Number of control levers for the hydraulics. Oh yeah, recommended fluids for the hydraulics and motor and can the gears be changes without using the clutch? Lastly, what is the recommended oil change intervals.
    Thanks again, it's much appreciated!!!! Ryan-
    You can follow this link to obtain a quote.

    New Holland IRON Builder - Workmaster & TTA Tractors, 45-75 Engine HP Options - Agricultural Product Builder - Pricing

    I can't help with your other questions, but your best bet is to visit dealers selling the tractors you are interested in. They don't bite.

    How you feel about the dealer is as important as how you feel about the tractor IMO.

    Steve

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    491
    Tractor
    all new holland

    Default Re: NewHolland Workmaster 55 help

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernopelli View Post
    7 Gallons per/hr? I have never owned a 50 horse class tractor but if it burns that much fuel, I'll probably never own one. My 24 horse tractor will run all day long.....and I mean 7-8 hrs at 2600 rpm on 5 gallons. I guess I'm spoiled AND naive, I would never have guessed it's fuel consumption would even approach that.
    there is no way the tractor uses 7 gallosn an hour. if that was the case, you would be empty in 2 to 3 hours or less. sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra??
    By CentralNC in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
  2. 55 gal. stand, hose, nozzle?
    By raykos in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
  3. Oliver Super 55 steering rebuild
    By dbuelke in forum All Other Brands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 06:59 PM
  4. design of 55 gal. fuel station
    By HCJ in forum Oil, Fuel & Lubricants
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
  5. DK 45 or DK 55?????
    By nedly05 in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.